Chapter I: The Prince

Egypt was growing to be a beautiful paradise filled with every color you can think of and more. Rare flowers bloomed like they knew they were being killed around the world, so they took refuge here. In Egypt all you really do is eat, drink and laugh. No matter where you go you'll always leave with a smile. After all, that's what Egypt is all about. Now, here is our dark side...

Egyptians are brutal warriors in combat, we take no mercy and rely on our anger to keep us alive. We learned to swing a sword by the time we are able to walk, then we enter the battles against other nations once we've mastered the blade. No mercy, that's all I'd hear before the battle cry for war is sounded.

Our forces were powerful and it hasn't been long since we broke apart from the control of the rotten Romans, no one will control us again, we were our own nation.

"Your highness, Lady Nefertiti wishes to see you." A servant girl came in and bowed her head as she spoke.

"Let her come," I replied.

The girl left and a few seconds later another girl came. Her orange hair glowed beautifully like a light fire and her brown eyes stared at me with curiosity. Around her neck was a golden plated necklace lined with precious gems. Nefertiti walked up to me and took hold of my hand before kissing my cheek.

"Good Morning your highness," she whispered in my ear.

"Nefertiti, so nice of you to finally visit." I chuckled.

"I came yesterday," she said in disbelief but her face still held a smile, she knew what game I was playing.

"I remember, but that was so long ago..." I whined.

We both laughed and Nefertiti, the most beautiful girl in Egypt, came up and sat down by my feet. We stared into one another's eyes until a deep voice behind me spoke up.

"Son," My dad's voice rang clear through my head as I let out a low sigh.

"Good morning Father."

"I think I'll go now," Nefertiti spoke softly before standing up, "I'll see you at the ceremony tonight?"

"Yes, I'll be there." I gave her a weak smile before watching her walk back up the stairs and through the palace.

"I'm sorry to interrupt." My father walked towards me, the servants that were fanning me with palm leaves getting up to leave as my father dismissed them.

"What do you have against Nefertiti, Father?" I asked in disbelief as I turned in my seat to look at the King of Egypt who sat right beside me.

"You don't love her." My father spoke bluntly.

"Excuse me." I stood up from my chair.

"I can see it in your eyes and her eyes, you two do not love one another."

"How do you know about love?" I practically yelled, "You have more than fifty wives lingering around the palace waiting for to return to them some night."

"I loved only one woman but she has passed on and lived her life." My father looked down, "But I know you don't love Nefertiti, son. She may be the most beautiful woman in Egypt, but you don't see her for anything else besides her beauty."

"Really? Are you really here to consult me on love?" I let out a humorless laugh propping my hands on my hips.

"What do you feel when you see her?" My father asked, standing up and looking at me.

The fact that we were eye to eye made me nervous. My stance weakened and my hands fell from my sides. I looked away from my father before looking back at him.