Chapter 1

Hello! It's another COLLAAAB WITH ME (Hey, it's KellyLovesSeals)

Hiii! its Kiwi0226!!!!!!!! Collab with Kelly loves seals! In the Author's Notes I will be bold and she is going to be in itallics. The actual story will be normal font :) for you guys on the mobile app, just bear with us!

SO HERE IS A FREAKKINGG AWESOME STORY :) VOTE, COMMENT, FAN <3 <3

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, We realize this chapter is kinda... ehhh... BUT TRUST ME CHAPTER TWOIS WHERE IT GETS MUCH BETTER :)

------

~Chapter One~

She was always on the outside. I'd see her, from the inside of course. Me and my friends, we were the "inside" you could say. We were popular, we were beautiful, we were the ones that all the boys wanted and all the girls wanted to be. She was the outsider, the loner, the one with no friends that everyone made fun of for no reason and ignored unless forced to acknowledge her presence. Sometimes I found myself wishing I could take her in, under my wing, help her fit in, but then I realized how that would not bring her up, but me down, and so I stayed away, continued laughing with these fake, beautiful people and dating boys I didn’t like.

I’m Casey Heart. She was June Month. Apparently her parents thought it would be amusing to name her after the sixth month of the year, when her last name was indeed Month itself. I was a stereotypical teenage girl, my hair bleached blond and my skin fake tanned, with designer clothes, expensive jewelry and a tiny dog I kept in my Gucci purse. She was scary looking, I gotta say, with her black hair, clothes and makeup. She had no colour, all black and white with her pale, pale skin, except her eyes. Her eyes were the weirdest thing, bright purple. Contact lenses or freak of nature, I’d never know.

I felt repulsed by her, I tried to stay away, and yet something about her confused me, intrigued me… I never understood why she still tried to fit in when it was so obviously hopeless. But she always kept trying, trying to find a place.

She would follow everybody around, going from group to group. She would go from the chess club to the cheerleaders, to the dance club, to the jocks. Each one making fun of her, saying something that made her mad and forced her to leave and move on to a different group. Every time, the insults would get worse and her reaction would get more passionate, loud, and in most people’s eyes, funny.

They would challenge each other to see who could get the biggest reaction out of June. People would rarely try to be nice to her and even when they were, June would try to make everything dramatic, turning a compliment into an insult. She was out of control, becoming a bully with a bad temper. It was like nobody could ever reach her, and nobody wanted to.

That’s when I decided to try. I don’t think anyone in the school saw that coming.

***

“Give me that pen!”

“It’s mine.”

“No it’s not. It’s mine. HAND IT OVER.”

“Uh, no! It’s mine!”

This childish conversation could have belonged to a pair of kindergarteners, but, sadly, no. This is what I heard as I walked down the halls of my school, Louise Parkinson High. I watch as a group starts to gather around this, yelling getting louder and arguing intensely. I pushed past a freshman and a couple jocks screaming “FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT” to see what was going on.

June was shoving a red haired nerd into a locker, trying to grab at a pen that he clutched tightly. His glasses were smashed on the floor and June looked like she was going to kill him. Her eyes were angry and cold, just like always.

“Stop!” The nerd screeched as she grabbed his skinny arms and pulled him close. “Kay, so I took your pen! It’s nothing! Take it back!”

“Too late now.” She whispered. Her fist came back, ready for a punch.

“What the hell is your problem?” I pushed past the crowd and went right up to June, pulling her away from the boy, “You can’t just go around beating people up like that.”

The crowd is silent. I’m the most popular person in this school, everyone knows my name. I’m not supposed to get involved in fights; I’m not supposed to defend social outcasts from other social outcasts, but of course, I don’t remember this until now. Oops.

“Oh look, its Little Miss Perfect herself.” Her breath was like burnt toast and old socks. “What do you want? I have some business here; you don’t need to get your tight little goody-two-shoes ass in the way.”

“Shut up.” I shoved her away. “Look, June, the only reason no one likes you is because you’re such a bitch to everyone! Maybe if you were a bit nicer, people wouldn’t give you so much crap.”

Her face was frozen in shock. I helped the nerd kid up and handed June her pen that was lying on the ground. I stalked away quickly before she unfroze and tried to smash my face in.

Oh crap, my friends are going to kill me! Why did I have to get involved?

I wandered into math and sat at the first desk I saw. We can sit wherever, because the teacher loves us, and I, unfortunately, sat down beside a bunch of losers who I had no interest in talking to. They all questioned me intensely, and I ignored them, quietly getting up and moving to sit with my friends.

Awkward…

My friends stared at me, gawking. I guess someone had told them about my run-in with June. God, why does gossip travel so fast around this stupid school?

Finally, my best friend Amanda spoke up.

“Um, what is this I hear about you and June? Some random kid just told me you pushed her to the ground and started kicking her?” She yelled.

I wished she would talk a bit quieter, but I couldn’t help but smile at the stupid rumor.

“Chill! That never happened!” I said in a mock soothing voice.

Amanda looked visibly relieved.

“What I did do, is break up a fight with her and some other kid. Then I started yelling at her,” I smirked at her, fully ready to hear her laugh.

Her jaw dropped and her eyes were wide. “What?”

“Uhm…”

“You got involved with the OUTCASTS?” She sounded mad. “You don’t! No! You just... You just don’t do that! You are supposed to ignore them and not acknowledge their existence. You don’t get involved in their problems! What the hell were you thinking?”

It was my turn for jaw dropping. “Excuse me?”

“We run this school Casey,” she hissed at me, “if you want it to stay that way, you have to follow the rules.”

“What rules?”

“Don’t interact with the losers. They drag you down into the pit of unpopularity and you know it.”