Chapter 2

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. Who was calling me? I thought to myself as I fumbled for my phone. I squinted from the brightness of the screen. The caller ID read that it was my dad.

"yes?" I asked my voice groggily.

"Are you excited for the trip?" My dad's deep voice came through the phone. I slowly sat up, and looked at my clock. 1:43 it read.

The sun shined in through my window. "Yeah," I replied while walking down the stairs. "I wish you could come." I added.

"Me too. I'm sorry I can't."

"It's fine. Well I better go I only have about an hour left to get ready before the limo comes and picks me up." I replied rummaging through cabinets to find something to satisfy my hunger.

"Okay, bye. Love you" he said before hanging up.

I sighed, noticing nothing sounded good. I walked over to my medicine cabinet and grabbed some medicine to increase my appetite.

As I downed them with some soda, my mom came out of her room dragging her luggage. Her hair was curled and make up on.

"You look nice." I said walking to the couch. I sat down, waiting for the medicine to kick in.

"Thank you, you know you won't be able to sleep in all day while we're on this trip." She replied pouring herself a cup of coffee.

I nodded. "I'm sorry mom, it's not my fault."

"I know. You better go get ready, it's already 2."

I sighed, pushing myself up off the leather couch.

"Mom?" I said quietly as I was halfway up the stairs.

"Yes sweetie?"

"I hate having this cancer..." I replied while tears streamed down my face. It was unfair, all my friends have hair, and get to go out and do fun things, while I sit in bed and sleep all day.

"I know, I'm sorry."

I made it to my room, I picked out the outfit I was going to wear and took it with me to my bathroom.

I turned on the water to hot and eased myself slowly into the steaming water. I let the water run down on me as I cried. I was too weak to wash my body. I was out of breath just standing there.

After dressing into sweats and a hoodie, I brushed my teeth and slipped a hat on to hide my bare head.

I picked up my phone, checking the time. It was already 2:50. I walked into my room and tried picking up my luggage, I was too weak to, It barely budged. 

"Mom?!" I called out to her as I breathed deeply, trying to catch my breath.

She entered the room quickly, asking what was wrong.

"Will you take this downstairs for me, I'm too week to do it." I said my throat tightening, I started to cry.

"What's wrong?" My mother asked as she grabbed my suitcases.

"I'm such a failure." I cried into my hands. It hurt to know I can't do anything.

"No, you're not. You'll get through this sweetie, it'll be okay."

I nodded following behind her down the stairs. I walked out onto my front porch, waiting for the limo to arrive.

A few minutes later it pulled into our driveway. I smiled, thinking of Harry. I waved to the limo driver. He hopped out, opening the door for me. I motioned for him to hold on as I went in and told my mom.