Please

Vworp Vworp. Clara ran downstairs to see the TARDIS materialise in the sitting room of her flat. The door swung open, and the Doctor stepped out, and straightened his bow tie. "Clara, come on. I'm taking you on a trip," he declared.

"Doctor, it's Monday. You aren't suppose to take me out until Wednesday, remember? So, just take your little time machine to two days from here," Clara offered. The Doctor frowned.

"That's not how it works," he whined. "And plus, I'm bored."

"Oh, you're bored now, are you? And how is this different than any other day? Sorry Doctor, I just can't, I've got things to do," she stated.

"Oh, come on? Just this once?" he begged. Clara rolled her eyes.

"Fine. But just a short trip, and just this once." The Doctor's eyes lit up, and he grabbed her hand, and yanked her into the TARDIS. He snapped his fingers and the door slammed shut. "So, where do you want to go that could be this important?" The Doctor flipped a switch on the console. But his eyes didn't have the same wonderful expression they usually do.

"Just wait and see." He smirked at her, and Clara rolled her eyes again.

Vworp Vworp. Vworp Vworp.

The TARDIS landed, and the Doctor smirked, and glanced toward the doors. "Go and see," he says to Clara's eager and curious face. Clara kicked open the door, and stepped outside into a dry, desert landscape. There was sand blowing past her feet. The Doctor shamefully glanced down at his feet.

"Doctor, we have landed in the middle of nowhere. I'm standing knee-deep in sand, and you still haven't told me what we're doing here!" The TARDIS door slammed shut. Clara banged on the door. "Doctor? Doctor?!"

The Doctor stayed standing at the console, a sad look on his face. "Clara," he spoke into the loudspeaker, "I'm doing this for your own good. Earth is in danger right now. I need you safe."

"But, Doctor, I want to stay, I can help, I want to help!" Clara protested. She banged on the door, but it wouldn't open. Nothing could get it to open.

"I'm sorry, Clara," he whispered. Vworp. Vworp. The TARDIS dematerialised in Clara's hands, and she choked back a sob.

"Doctor, come back," she whispered, "please."