Chapter 1: Father is gone and a new home for me

I woke up to the soft sounds of crying coming from the room I was in. I opened my eyes and slowly sat up. I looked around and noticed my brother sitting on his bed with his knees against his chest, he was silently crying to himself.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked him. All he did was stand up, walk over to me and put his arms around me.

"H-he's gone (y/n/n)." He cried into my shoulder. I started to tear up. I started to cry. I knew dad was in a critical condition but I never thought he would die. I started to bawl my eyes out. I have always been a daddy's girl and a tomboy.

The only thing that made this situation was worse was that our mother died 3 years prior, when I was ten. She died from a unknown cause. Only I knew she was murdered by the bitch my father remarried to. I watched it happen. A year later dad remarried to a wicked hag. Her name was Charletene. Such a nice name for someone as fowl as a witch.

Cole and I both knew what would be coming next. Abuse. We would be practically slaves in our own home.

***Time Skip***

A few hours later Cole and I were both out of tears. I was sitting in his lap. He was cradling me. Next thing I knew our door slammed open to reveal Charletene.

"Now that your father is dead, from unknown causes, I have both of you two for myself. Do your chores." She ordered.

***Time Skip***

It is now about 2 am. Charletene kept telling us to do things around the house. After that she beat us and didn't give us anything to eat. We were literally slaves.

***A few days later***

The same routine kept going on every day. Chores then Abuse then no food. Charletene had had many guys over. They um... Did the dirty.

I sat in my windowsill staring out it. "We have to get out of here." I mumble.

"And how do you suppose we get out?" Cole snapped. I started to cry again.

"We have to. I have to." I said.

"There is no escape (Y/n)." Cole stated bluntly, not caring for my emotions. "Just go to sleep. This place is all we have."

I walked over to my bed and laid down in it. I stayed up until I was sure Cole was asleep. For some reason he irritates me. I know he is just protecting me but still. I got out of bed, grabbed by suit case, put the few changes of cloths I had, stuffed teddy, and my mothers locket in it. I grabbed my pet Tarantula, Mage's, cage. I slipped on my flats and jumped out the window, I wasn't ever planning on coming back.

I ran down the street and into the woods.

***Time Skip***
I must have been walking for a while because it was already bright out. I started to get to the other side of the forest. It was a very large forest.as the forest came to a close, I noticed a house. It was. Very large I might add.

As I started to walk past it, the door slammed open and a woman screamed, "THEY ATE THE BABY!" Then ran out of the house, knocking me over onto my butt in the process.

"Owwwww! THANKS A LOT YOU OLD HAG!" I yelled at her, but she just kept running, disregarding my comment. "This day just keeps getting better and better." I huffed out sarcastically.

A maid then came and crouched down beside me. "Are you alright love?" She asked me. I nodded my head but then noticed a piece of glass in my arm.

"Don't think so." I giggled. I never have cried when I get hurt.

"Oh poor thing. Here let me help you out." She said. "My name is  Evangeline by the way." She told me as she helped me up. I grabbed Mage, my pet Tarantula, and she grabbed my suit case.