Chapter 4: School Days

I don't really go to school much. I mean, I'm enrolled, I just hardly show up. But when I do go, I never really pay attention. I kind of just go for the hell of it. Foster and I live off of our aunt and uncle, who are used to us not being at home much. I figured I would go home to take a shower, I was just covered in dried blood.

                   Foster and I left our little hangout spot and started heading home. I was so glad my anxiety wasn't acting up, I was surprisingly very calm.

                    We had a couple blocks to walk until we finally reached our house. I got in the shower first, put on some fresh, clean clothes, then Foster showered after me. We left again, this time heading towards the local supermarket. Foster had some money on him, so he bought us both one drink and a snack. We ate and drank as we strolled through town. Eventually, we were about a block away from the school. I looked at my watch. 2:21. School would be out in four minutes. I wanted to wait for one of my friends, Melynda. She was one of the very few people I trust, and she also knows about my issues.

                   Foster and I walked over to this big tree in front of the school, and sat beneath it until the bell rang. When it did, a sea of people burst through the doors and out into the fresh air. My eyes moved quickly, looking at each person and focusing on their faces; I zoned out for a second. I asked Foster for his phone so I could call Melynda to let us know we were here. I don't have a phone of my own, there's too big of a chance I could use it as a weapon. I scrolled through the contacts, pressing Melynda's name and calling her. It rang once, and she answered.

                   "Hello?" She questioned pleasantly.

                   "Hey, Melynda, it's me! Zarrah." I responded.

                   "Oh hey! It sounds busy in the background, are you at the school?" She asked.

                   "Yeah, with Foster. We're under the big tree in the front."

                   "Oh, cool. I'll be there in a sec." She hung up.

                   I handed Foster's phone back to him and he slipped it into his back pocket. I saw Melynda from a distance, stood up, and signaled Foster to do the same. I began to walk towards her and gave her a big hug, it'd actually been a while since I'd seen her. She said hi to Foster, and he shyly waved at her in return. Right as we were about to walk to the local park, someone caught my eye. She was platinum blonde, dressed in all pink with leopard print, her face caked with makeup, arms covered in jewelry, and a huge white leather purse to go with it. She looked over at me, doing a double take as if she had recognized me. She gave me the nastiest look, along with a disgusted sneer. She shook her head and climbed into a white Mercedes, slamming her car door closed. I could feel the tension and anger in me rising. What the fuck was this bitch staring at? If I ever see her again and she keeps it up, she doesn't know what she's getting into.

*A/N: Hi everyone! Sorry for such a late update, I've been having some writer's block :( A few days ago, I started writing and stopped at "School would be out in four minutes.", then picked up where I left of and got really into it a few minutes ago! So yeah! Hope you guys enjoy, stay tuned for more :) Bai! <3*