Chapter 22

A/N: I'm back bitches

I've never like airports. Particularly at 6am in the morning. 'It's the perfect time to go Jane!' George's voice echoed in my ears. 'People will think you're leaving early to avoid paparazzi but really, there's just enough time to see you in a terribly fashionable outfit, saying goodbye to your adorable family, preparing yourself for the long journey to be with your love!' This situation was becoming more and more ridiculous. Because its more than waking up a 5am to get to the airport by 6. It's getting up at 3:30am to have someone do your makeup to make it look like you did it yourself, and styling your hair in a bun that is supposed to look effortless but that actually took two hours to pin. It's being ridiculously uncomfortable in clothes that are supposed to look comfy. God! I'm easily aggravated in the mornings.

It's got to be what Sarah said yesterday, right? That's got me feeling completely ill? Does she know? Or does she think she know? Can she really see right through the lies when no one else could? Do I even want to know?

I clutched onto my bag as I sat in the lounge waiting for my flight to be called. I could see people with cameras trailing the halls - taking pictures of every thing that moved in case it was Harry's mystery girl! They'd taken a few not so sneaky snaps of me from behind the bush. I wonder if George sent them or whether they were actual paparazzi. I never seemed to know who was on what side anymore - all I knew is that whatever side they were on, it wasn't mine.

'Boarding flight E28107 to Heathrow Airport' the voice sounded as tired as I felt. Good to know none of us are particularly enjoying this morning.

George had asked me to bring my 'adorable little family' to their airport for a photo op but I couldn't do that to them - not after everything else - so I'd said my farewells at home and caught a cab. Over the last few days I'd conjured so much fake emotion that I didn't feel a thing farewelling them. I hugged them goodbye then turned and left. Not even a second thought of whether I'd miss them. I suppose I didn't get to decide what I thought these days - only what George told me.

I stood from my seat and began making my way to the gate. The hostess' brightly stained lips coerced me through the doors and down the corridor. I sat myself down in a large first class lounge chair. 'How luxurious' I scoffed to myself. Wow! I was moody.

The plane filled behind me and I took no notice of the other snobs sitting in first class. How unlike me to be so uninterested. My head sagged to the left to look out the large window. It was a beautiful, sunny Australian morning and I was miserable.

'Ladies and gentlemen, you will notice the seatbelt sign has been illuminated as we prepare for take-off.' I fastened the belt around my waist, pulled out a small capsule from my pocket and threw it to the back of my throat.

'Goodbye Australia,' I husked to myself. My head became light, the pillow became soft and the plane darkened. Dark. Darker.

Pitch black.

'Goodbye Jane,' the world whispered back.