Puzzle 03

I felt a pang of pain in my head. Its like a super bad headache. Well, at least it help me recover my senses back, from the whole, 'transition to the next puzzle' thing. "Oh hello First." I looked up to Eight smiling at me. "As you know, you're about to enter puzzle 3 right? Well, every three levels there will be a 'boss' level in accordance to the 'theme the first two level beofore it where about. It will be just like a regular level, only you will have to finish some smaller quests before you'll be able toproceed to actually solving the puzzle. In puzzle 3's case, you'll have to 'survive' something before actually proceeding to the real puzzle. Whoops, I guess I made that explaation longer than I was expecting too, whoops, I'm making it longer by talking sorry"

"So there will be four bosses in total?" I asked. And yeah that was a long explanation. "Correct, and as you might already know, there will be four themes in accordance to the four brackets. Now, may I ask you what the first theme is?" "I have no idea.." I replied. "Of course you won't, the night is young my friend, and you haven't even reached the half of this dream yet."

"Yeah, and I hope I won't wake up sooner or later, that will be such a dissapointment" I sighed. "This place is amazing you know"

I heard Eight chuckle. "That is true indeed, after all, you made this." "Out of desperation I guess." I sighed. "Hmm, by now I uess you are already aware of the AL's power up right?" Eight asked. "Yeah, the whole, seeing what I can't see thing."

"And you are aware of your power-up already, aye?" Eight asked, while I nodded in response. "Yeah,the whole photographic memory thing." I shrugged. "R-remember w-what happened to AL, when she summoned that crazed arrow that was so p-powerful..?" the angel-creature said. "That was another power-up!" Eight said with an innocent smile. "I'll give ya' a heads-up on what these secondary abilities are. I know you know that this counts as a, 'cheat' right?"

"Yeah, a super overpowered attack or alteration that allows the players to have an easier time." I shrugged. "And it costs the user a lot of his or her Ki, draining a lot of the player's energy in the process." Eight continued. "Ahh, so that is what made AL faint.." I thought out loud. But then, how come she was able to recover easily? Maybe its because what she has used for now is only a fraction of her 'true cheat'?

Oh well, time to wake up. "Say Hi to her for me." Eight chuckled.

That little.

...

Swwwisshh! I hear an arrow zoom past me. "W-whaa?" was all that I was able to mutter out. "Glad thing you woke up! You see, 20 minutes ago, you fell asleep again, then 5 minutes ago, this HUGE manticore showed up! I mean, I don't even know even know yet what this puzzle is all about!!" AL then proceeded to shoot the thing, but the arrows just, disappeared when it made contact with the manticore.

"Thanks.." I then stood up, holding my head as I allowed myself to process what was going on. Then I remembered what Eight told me. "That thing.. it's a boss mob.." I said. Knowing that AL's efforts are currently futile, I picked her up (bridal style), rained down a couple of shots on the manticore to stun it, then ran.

"What??" AL just asked in surprise. "I'll explain later." I said as we hid behind a tree. "What the?! Why are we not figh-" I covered her mouth using my hand, not letting her finish her sentence. "Shhh.. that thing will find us.." I shushed, careful on not making any movement.

A loud growl suddenly emerged. Thud! Thud! Thud! The manticore's walked. Every single step that thing creates an odd, disturbing noise. Y'know, just imagine a giant walking. Like those things cheesy children's' books? When a large creature walks there will be words that will pop up saying "Thud"? Yeah, I too thought it was cheesy, but being in the situation I am right now? Yup, it is scary. A large lion-like creature with bat-like wings, a weirdly large scorpion tail, and three rows of sharp teeth chasing you down, ready to tear you down. Oh and may I add that it is virtually invincible?