The Feather

Castiel looked up from the sink and stared into the mirror at his reflection. "What if he says yes?" He asked himself. "Could he really love me the way I love him?" Castiel pulled the feather out of the pocket in is trenchcoat. He turned the feather in his hands. The black silky feather reminded him of the midnight sky when Dean and him would take long rides in the Impala. The question kept going through his mind. Could he really say yes? What if he said no. What if he wanted nothing to do with him? He would be devastated. "Why is this so damn hard!" He yelled into the mirror. Cas felt a large hand rest on his shoulder. Sam. "Sam do you think he'd say yes? Would he except the proposal?" He murmured. "You'll never know unless you ask." Sam sighed. He looked down at his feet and then at the feather. "Dean must be on a pie run." He thought. "Ask what!" Dean said as he barged into the bathroom. Castiel quickly stuffed the feather back into his coat. Careful not to damage it. The pain it had caused him to pull out of his wings was not something he wanted to go through again. "Ask what Castiel?" Dean said in the most serious tone he had ever heard him use. He looked at Dean with pain in his eyes. He was scared. Terrified even. Was he really ready to do this. To ask Dean to spend the rest of eternity with him. He stared down to the plate of pie in his hands. "Dean." He smiled. "There are so many words I could say." "Yeah me too Cas." He replied a crumb of pie falling down to his shoulder. Whip cream was spread across his lips. "Aw how cute." Cas thought. This is the moment he had been waiting for. He would remember this for the rest of his life. Although he hadn't planned for it to happen in the bathroom. "Can I talk to you in the main room." He asked. Dean nodded.