Chapter 2

11 Years Later

Iris POV

I was woken up by Drake, prodding into my mind. By the force he's using, its urgent. My head hurts and if I don't answer him soon, I will have a migraine the whole day.

I took a glance at the clock on my bedside. 5 am. I wonder what's that urgent for him to wake me up this early.

I opened up my mind-link to him.

'somethings gonna happen. Today. I can feel it. Something bad.' Drake rattled.

'good morning to you too Drake.' I said to him. ' maybe that "something bad" is me being late to school, or dad burnt the food while cooking. You know what happened the last time you told me that? That something bad you told me that day was me tripping on my own shoelaces. Now goodnight.'

I close down the mind-link again. Just when I'm about to fall back to sleep, Drake hits the mind-link wall harder than before. And let me tell you, it hurts like hell.

I quickly open up the wall before I have a migraine.

'you have to listen to me Ris! This time the feeling is worse than before. It fells like something very dark, darker than the color black!!' 

'okay, okay. Lets see what happens today. I'm sure its nothing as bad as letting Valeri choose your clothes' Its true. I'm not saying she has bad fashion sense. She is the fashion master. But the clothes she normally picks for me are too short for my liking or not my style.

Valeri is my best friend. Has been and always will be. We met when we're 7. The first day fo school. We're both are total opposites, but we became best friends instantly.

'as you say Ris.' Drake replied. Then the wall is up again. Time for me to continue my beauty sleep!

                                                                           ***

I woke up, again. This time it's by Joel. My oh so lovely step-brother/ Best friend. 

"Al! Wake up before breakfast gets cold!" I quickly jump up from bed, causing blackdots in my vision and me losing my balnce. I fell on the floor, tangled with my blanket. And Joel starts laughing, at my bedroom door.

After having a war with my blankets, I finally got untangled. I stood up and glared at Joel, who is still laughing.

"Are you done?" I asked him. He chuckled and stood up, then wiped his tears from laughing too hard.

Jerk.

"C'mon, food's gonna get cold." Hearing this from him, I quickly ran pass him to the dining room. Joel hot on my heels.

Can't blame me, I love my food hot. 

The dining room is huge, compared to the home I came to 11 years ago. Harry opened an entertainment company and thats where it got us where we are now. Living in a mansion, with 2 kids occasionally helping in Harry's business and Sarah, the interior designer.

Although our home is big, its still homey. You can still see pictures being framed on the wall. There's always new ones. Our family's rich, but we don't brag. Most of the time we try keeping a low profile.

The house, furnitures and rooms are al designed by Sarah. Even the garden infront and the pool at the back of the house. She even insisted that she design the shed that I ue to practice my powers. It's located within the forest, behind our home. 

We also have a ranch. I even got my own horse on my 14th birthday. It's black with white fur around the hooves. it's name is Shadow.

I smelled the food before I saw it. Bacon, eggs, toast and pancakes. My stomach growled loudly when I entered, earning everyone's attention and a few chuckles.