Chapter 1

*Sara's POV*

I could see her frantically running towards me, as if something were about to kill her.
"Sara," Brooklyn yelled, slowing her sprint down into a speed-walk until she reached me. "You will NEVER guess what just happened! Jack ju-"

"Just hit 13 million subscribers. I know. You didn't think I would miss out on that when I told you I would stay up till 2 a.m. on a school night, would you?"

It was the first day of our freshman year, first day of high school, first day of a whole new chapter of our life, and we spend our time talking about Jacksepticeye. Seán (Jack) McLoughlin is an Irish YouTuber with one of the fastest growing fanbases on the whole entire YouTube site. His games ranging from 7-minute long flash games, to games like "Undertale" and "Fallout 4", he is one of the most popular people on the Internet.

And Brooklyn and I were completely obsessed with him.

"Man, I wish we could make our own YouTube channel." Brooklyn sighed. "My mom swore she would never ground me for a stupid reason ever again. Hopefully she continues that notion."

"Yeah, I think that was what was preventing us from doing this anyway. When I showed my mom the world of YouTube she was cool with it immediately."

"You didn't happen to show her...you know..."

"No, Brooklyn, I did not show her a Jack video. Do you think I'm that stupid?" I knew fully well that interrupting her made her mad, but seeing her glare with that dumb smile on her face made me burst out laughing. "Come on, dude. The bell just rang."

_____

The day drug on very slowly until the 8th period bell finally rang. Seven classes down, one to go. The teacher we were headed off to was completely new to the district. He had just graduated from college and somehow impressed the superintendent enough for him to land a job. His name, according to the schedule, was Mr. O'Donovan.

"I heard there was a foreign person at our school," Brooklyn recalled. "I mean, I don't know if it's a teacher or a student or what, but I heard they came all the way from Australia.

"Australia?" I asked. "To this small country school? Are you sure?"

"No, I'm not, but I wasn't the one that came up with it," she said as we walked into Mr. O'Donovan's room. There was something familiar about the way the classroom was organized. I was about to look at a picture on the wall when suddenly...

"Hello everyone," I heard a familiar voice say. A shortish man with short hair and an Australian accent walked into the room. "My name is Mr. O'Donovan."

Ross O'Donovan.

THE Ross O'Donovan.

In. My. School.

"YOU!" I yelled, somehow leaping from my chair in the back of the room to the top of his desk, standing on top of it as if I were in full control of everyone around me. "Ross O'Donovan from the Game Grumps. Explanation! Now!"

"Ahem, sorry class. We seem to have a minor disruption. Allow me to take care of this..." He stopped to grit his teeth. "...in the hallway."

Dragging me by the collar of my shirt, he took me out into the hallway. Brooklyn looked at me as if to ask what I was doing. I gave her a firm, strong look. I didn't want her to worry about me. I knew at this point exactly what was going to happen.

It was almost as if it... wasn't real...

"Look," Ross said, still holding my shirt, except closer. "I don't know what you're up to, but what happened with the Grumps is absolutely none of your business."

"Why aren't you with them right now? Isn't that, like, your thing?"

"It was, until... THAT happened." He looked away from my face, as if he were mourning. But then he looked at me again shortly after to say:

"Come at me..."

He was interrupted by the principal walking down the hallway. "Donovan! What is up with you!"

Ross let go of me. "Nothing, sir. Just handling an interruption properly...you know...like a teacher would..." He patted my head as if he loved me.

"Sara? A disruption?" The principal asked. "I think you've got the wrong student. Get to class, you two." He walked away briskly, like there was something important he needed to take care of.

Then I looked Ross straight in the face and told him exactly what he wanted to say.

"Come at me, scrub lord. I'm ripped."

"NO!!!" Ross had a look of terror upon his face. "DON'T DO THIS TO ME! YOU WILL NEVER GET AWAY WITH THIS!!!" He had started to vanish, as if that were normal for a human. I, personally, didn't think anything about it. I waited until he disappeared to where I couldn't see or hear him, then I walked back into the classroom. No one was in there except the remaining Game Grumps.

I ran.

They started chasing me while morphing into vampire/werewolf looking creatures. The hallway seemed to drag on for miles. I finally reached a passage to the left. The outside door, I thought. Now' s my chance.

Everything was in slow motion. I could feel the cold, hard door handle in my hand. I pushed out the door to see the bright, fresh sunlight. Man, did it feel nice. The world looked like a bright, happy place where absolutely nothing could ever go wrong.

At least, until everything went pitch black.

_____

I awoke with a start. That was probably the weirdest dream of all time. Thank God today is the first day of summer. Now I can work on YouTube full time for the next three months! I went on my laptop to check out the channel. The night before I had about 987 subscribers. This time when I checked, I had about 1007. We hit one thousand already, I thought. I ran to the kitchen to tell my mom.

"Mom! I just hit one thousand subs!"

"That's great!" She replied. "Wait... what does that mean again?"

I ignored her question by running to my room. I have GOT to tell Brooklyn about this.

"Dude!" I yelled when she picked up. "I hit a thousand!"

"Sweet!" She yelled back. "I hit five hundred the other day!"

We talked about YouTube for a long while, and then she made a statement that I had heard so many times before, but this time it really hit me.

"Dude, what if Jack ever saw our channels?!"