Chapter 5

I had to ride next to Drake as he was to give me my instructions.

"So, what do I do?" I asked, feeling worried after searching my packs and only finding food and a blanket, no self-defense weapons.

"You'll see when we get there." He said almost regretfully.

I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously," What?"

He ignored my question and changed the subject.

"So were did you come from?"

"Somewhere." I mumbled back, refusing to talk anymore.

********************

After what seemed like hours of riding in a tense silence.

Drake's father halted,"We are here. Prepare the decoy!"

"Decoy? What decoy?" I said, dismounting like the others.

"That's your job."Drake said, jumping down and grabbing my wrists before I could react," You're the decoy."

"What?!?" I screamed," You only saved me to be used as a decoy!!"

I tried to jerk free, but he had a good grip on me. Some of the others came and helped bind my hands and feet with tight nots.

They then led me over to a huge, solid oak tying the end of the rope around the base, leaving me at the end.

Drake grinned madly while shot death glares at him," If you survive, we'll try to remember to get you." He winked slyly before walking away to join his father and the other men.

*********************

I heard them whistling and shouting, most likely hoping to attract Scrooby.

Sure enough, I heard distinct flapping in the distance. Scrooby, I thought.

I saw it coming closer an realized it wasn't Scrooby, but a smaller, scrawnier dragon.

I watched in horror as he came closer and closer, covering my head with my bound hands. I heard the sharp intake of air, then screamed as the flames engulfed me!

****************

Comment appreciated, please vote.

***********