Serendipity..

I walked over to the apples that were in the grocery store and picked one up, I admired it, looking to see if it was perfect, as I was doing this, a boy with short brown hair and tattoos up his left arm, walked over toward me. I didn't pay him any mind as I put the apple in my plastic bag, I turned my head to the boy, "green apples are my favorite too," he spoke with the sweetest smile.

"Are you gonna get up?!" I awoke to a loud yell in my ear and sat up quickly, "Jesus Christ!" "Nope, just your roommate," I rolled my eyes at Alice, "you're going to be late again." She told me as I looked at the time. I quickly jumped out of bed while cursing to myself and did my normal morning routine. Once I was dressed, I walked out to the kitchen and took a bagel that was on the counter, "I had the strangest dream-" "hey, do you mind going to the store for me after work? I need some green apples, I'm gonna make my famous Apple pie for this party at work."

I stared at her and blinked several times, "green apples?" I asked while looking at her, "yes, I always use green apples, you know this." She said while taking a bite of the bagel she had grabbed, "what?" She asked as I noticed I was still staring at her, "nothing, I just didn't want to get it wrong." I lied as I took a bite of my bagel and walked out the door.

After work, I headed over to the grocery store and parked quickly, grabbing my purse and stepped outside to the snow. I quickly headed over toward the apples and stood in front of the green ones, this was starting to look just like my dream, I shook my head, "no, it was just a dream." I told myself softly while picking up a green apple and looking at it.

Suddenly, a boy stood next to me, looking at the apples as well, he looked just like the boy in my dream. I placed the apple in my bag and turned my head toward him, "green apples are my favorite too," he said with a smile. I stared at him in complete shock and dropped my jaw slightly, "you're a fan I'm assuming," he started with a chuckle, I swallowed hard but didn't remove my eyes from him, "of green apples, yes." I spoke some what casual like. He laughed, "no, of me, I thought- I thought you knew me from YouTube." He said picking up and apple and then looking at me, he had the most gorgeous brown eyes, "oh, no.. You see," I began and rolled my eyes while giggling at the thought of his reaction to my dream, "I dreamt of this moment last night.." I watched as his eyebrows narrowed, "I know, it's crazy, but I really did."

"You dreamt of me?" He asked softly, I nodded, "well not just you, I dreamt I was in this exact spot and you appeared," "you're messing with me." He said smiling, I shook my head quickly, "no no, no I'm not I swear to you." He stared at me with a smirk, noticing my truth and came forward toward me, "you want to come over to my place?" I looked at him, "I just met you, I don't even know your name-" "Kian lawley," he held his hand out and I shook it, "what's yours?" I looked down at our hands and looked up at his eyes, "I shouldn't.." "What?" He asked with a puzzled look on his face as I began backing away, "my roommate is expecting me, I need to go," I spoke to him while looking at the time, "when will I see you again?" He asked walking closer toward me.

I looked up at him from my phone that read the time and smiled, "I don't know, I just don't really think we're meant to be," I shrugged, "don't think we're meant to be? What can I do to prove we are?" He spoke with a smile, "I shrugged and looked around to see what was around me and then in my purse, I pulled out a two dollar bill and smiled, "okay, I'm going to write my first and last name along with my phone number on this two dollar bill," I spoke while writing on it, "I'm going to spend it on these apples tonight, if in some way, you receive this exact bill," I spoke while showing it to him, "then we're meant to be together." I said smiling as I handed the bill to the cashier, "alright," Kian spoke with a smile as I walked out the store with my apples. 

- 5 MONTHS LATER -

"Alex, I just don't see how this is going to work," I spoke while pacing back and forth in front of him while he sat on the bed, "we're always fighting, over the stupidest shit, I'm so tired of fighting, aren't you?!" I asked him in a sad tone with tears forming in my eyes, I watched as he nodded, "you're right, I'll pack my things." He spoke while getting up.

After two hours of him packing his things, he finally left. I sat on the bed and cried to myself, holding my head. I heard my phone ring and sniffed my runny nose and wiped my tears as I answer the random number, "hello?" "Hello! Is this (y/n)?!" I heard a familiar voice ask as I smiled widely, "Kian?"