Chapter 2

"What in the hell?! Everything is back on. I know what that means. I was out of the house before the lights came on. Uhmmm. What do I do?!"

"Try and get home before they see us."

"But they're watching."

"I know but..."

"We will just tell them the truth. Get your ass into the car."

We get in the car and start driving home. I am shaking. I can't keep control of the wheel. "Tyler will you taker over?" I said to him. He takes the wheel and right as we enter the street where we live, we get pulled over.

"Licence and registration please." The officer says. We hand it to him. "Sir, why were you out before the lights were on? You do know how big of a crime that is, don't ya? And also you were going unbeleiveably fast. All right. Both of you. Out of the car. Now."

We get out of the car and listen to the instructions he gives us. He reads us the usual Miranda Rights and we head to the station. And man, this guy does not know how to shut the hell up. He just wants to talk to the damn criminals. We try to be quiet but,If he won't do a damn thing to hgel that. So ewe just sit there listening to him blabber on about how we are fucked with the big house because we broke the biggest law. Oh no! But oh well. It is what it fucking is.

We arrive at the station and he pulls us out of the car.

"All right. Walk this way," he says as he points ius to the station.

He takes us down to the interigating room. I can feel my wrists cutting off from the cuts being too damn tight. I can tell that Tyler's are really tight too because he keeps trying to loosen them up.

We sit down in the chairs.

"Whatever happens, we do not tell mom, understood?" I tell my boy.

"Okay. But what the hell are we going to do about this."

"I wisah I knew, son. But it is what is fucking is and we are going to have to deal with it. We will just play it cool and we'll be fine. I promise. Hey... Lol at me. We're going to be fine, alright. This'll all be over before you know it. Then we will go get some ice cream or something. Does that sound good to you? Because it sure hell sounds good to me."

"Okay dad. Just play it cool."

After that the officer barges in.

"What have we got here. A Mr. Carl McCartney and his son, Tyler. Well let me tell you something the big house ain't no Strawberry Fields. So you best tell me what happened or you get yourself a good lawyer. Being out before the lights are on, what the hell were you thinking?"

"We were trying to figure out why the lights were coming on so damn late. We were scared. We didn't know what to do. My wife, my son, my daughter. Me! We were all scared shitless. So we decided to take manners into our own hands."

"Well, it's not me you want to worry about, its the mayor."

Just as he says that Mayor Levie ewalks in the door. We stand up at the same time, salute and say...

"Mr. Mayor."