Chapter 2

RECAP 

Everyone watched the door, I suspect that this is a drill but if it were Mr. Greyson would've said so. Usually in the beginning of the year there are fire drills and lock down drills so maybe this isn't real.

Suddenly my eyes began to burn, I rubbed them but it only made it worse. I winced in pain to myself, some people noticed but I tried not make a big deal out it. I opened my eyes and saw a figure looking into the classroom from the window in the door. I couldn't see the facial features but he stood there for a while.

Adrian.

It has to be him right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell rang again to notify that the lock down was over. 

"Thank you for your cooperation, it turns out that it was a faulty alarm. You may resume classes." Said Principal Greyson over the speakers. 

So much for saying that this year would be normal. I looked to my science teacher, Mr. Morris, he seemed to have forgotten my punishment. We went back to our seats and had already been assigned some reading. At the end of the day, I started a group chat with Eric, Grace, and Veronica. They said that they didn't have much homework so we decided to attend a council meeting. 

Maybe if the figure I had seen during the lock down was really Adrian, then I'm sure he'd be at the manor. 

"So in the last week of July I learned so much more about my powers. I think Aurora will be impressed." Veronica said as we were walking in the forest. We were on our way to the Vincent Manor. 

"Here it is." I said. 

Eric knocked on the door to reveal William. "Hello! Oh it's so nice to see you all again." He said smiling. We all greeted him. 

He welcomed us inside and we sat down in the great room where the fireplace was crackling. 

"Where's Aurora?" I asked, then his expression dulled a bit

He sighed, "She's been in her room all day." He said sitting down on a chair.