Chapter 3

I remember when I was younger, I always used to complain about being an only child. I used to whine and cry about it to my parents. I was so upset that for Christmas I wished for a sibling!

"Sweety," My mom said. "You haven't said anything." She said looking worried. 

I looked up at them, they sat across from me on the sofa. "You never told me." I said. "By brother, do you mean you're pregnant and got an ultra sound? Or that I've had a secret brother my whole life that I didn't know about." I said with furrowed eyebrows. I was praying that my parents say that they were pregnant cause that would be a simpler situation. 

"You had a brother." My dad said. 

"By had he means has." My mom corrected him. 

I was still shocked, you couldn't blame me. "So where is he." I asked. 

"We're not entirely sure." My mom said. That's when I got a little ticked off. 

"Wow, so why bother telling me?" I asked. 

"Don't talk to your mother like that." My dad warned. 

"Well, you got me all worked up about this 'brother' that I have and now when I kinda want to meet him, you don't even know where he is." I bursted. A year from now, something in the room would've exploded, but I've learned to control my emotions and powers. 

"I understand your frustration but we are equally frustrated." My mom said. 

"We've been looking for him for a while now." My mom said. 

"Wait, when did you have him. How old is he and why don't I remember having a brother?" I asked. 

My parents displayed a guilty look on their faces.

"We weren't married at the time sweetheart." My dad said. "We were not mature enough to handle the responsibilities." He held my mom's hand who was looking gloomy than ever. 

"We gave him up for adoption 20 years ago." My mom said. 

I looked at them in shock. "So that means you had him when you were 19 and dad was 22?" 

They nodded their heads, "You guys weren't married. So when you said that you guys weren't responsible enough, you meant that you weren't married." I said. 

"Listen, we can understand if you're upset. We don't blame you." My mom started. 

"But Scarlett, you need to understand our situation too. Yes, we weren't married at that time and we were in university. We didn't have the time or anyone to look after him." Dad explained. 

I sighed and nodded in agreement, "I understand. It's just," I teared up. "You know how I've always been begging for a sibling. When you told me about this older brother that I have, I just feel like I've missed out on things." I said crying. My tears wouldn't stop pouring. 

"Oh honey." My mom said. Both my parents came by my side to give me a hug. 

"I just always wanted a sister or a brother." I cried. I was very emotional about this topic. I get jealous whenever I see a family with a lot of kids and I just wonder how it must be for them. 

"I know and we're sorry." Mom kissed my forehead. 

So what happens now? Do we look for him? Does he want to be found? What are the odds of him even showing up? If he wanted to have been found, he would've come a long time ago. The rest of the evening I wondered about what he was like, what he looked like, and what he would think of our family?

 The rest of the evening I wondered about what he was like, what he looked like, and what he would think of our family?