Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I slurped my Starbucks, while my best friend gaped at me, shocked.

I had just told her of my mom's brilliant idea, and she couldn't decided if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I also told her about my thoughts, the creepers barging in and she couldn't utter a word.

I would be surprised too if my best friend told me that she was going to be living with an unknown identity for weeks, or eternity.

"So, are you going to say anything?" I asked.

She blinked, "Damn girl, you kiddin' right?"

I shook my head, "Nope, I'm as serious as cancer,"

She huffed and leaned back, "You are so screwed,"

I rolled my eyes at her, "Geez, way to lighten up my spirits. I really feel the assurance here,"

She shrugged, picking up her coffee, "I don't know, just stating the truth," She took a sip before placing it back on the table.

"I'd rather prefer a lie," I muttered.

"Well then, this is the best thing that could ever happen to anyone,"

I groaned, "Now it sounds even worse!"

"What do you want me to say? I don't think I can be happy to hear that my friend's going to live with some stranger," She pondered it for a moment, "Unless the stranger's good lookin'," She nodded.

I quirked an eyebrow at her, "Somehow, I seriously doubt that,"

She shrugged, "Could be a possibility,"

"By point five," I huffed, "Okay, we have got to talk about something else..." I suddenly remembered something, "What happened to your dog? Did you find her yet?" I sipped my coffee.

She pouted, her eyes tearing up, "I still have no clue where she went,"

Mally was Carrie's Maltese, she was a adorable little thing. But a few days earlier, she had disappeared. Carrie was in complete panic, she was going to call 911, it was a good thing I was there.

We spent the rest of our time chatting until I calmed down about the news my mom delivered to me earlier. I checked the time and saw that it was only three.

I sighed, "I still don't want to go home yet..."

"Want to come over at my place? We could watch a movie or somethin'," She suggested.

I shook my head, "I want to do something else,"

A devious glint appeared in her eye, "Want to prank my brother?"

I grinned, considering it and then shook my head again, he already told me last time that he didn't wanted to be pranked for a while. Maybe I should actually lay off.

She huffed in annoyance, "What do you want to do?"

I bit my lip in thought, "Let's go to the beach?"

She groaned, "I don't feel like sitting around in the sun. It's burning out there!"

I frowned, "I guess you're right," It was pretty hot today.

We sat there for a while thinking for something to do until I finally sighed in defeat. "You know what? Just forget it, we'll do something next time,"

"But we haven't gotten the chance to hang out for days! I really want to do something!" She whined.

"There's nothing to do!"