1

Day one.

Since day one I'd felt as if a small, childish akuma were fluttering in my stomach and telling me that it was perfectly okay to be with Chat Noir.

I was slowly beginning to agree, drifting off into LadyNoir land full of small black cats with mini ladybug wings sprouting about their shoulders.

But the akuma is evil nonetheless, no matter what it's there to do or how it makes me feel about Chat Noir and his vibrant chartreuse eyes paired with his cheeky grin and sleek blonde ruffled hair.

I smoothed back my pigtails and approached Alya on the sidewalk waiting for me outside of the school. She waited every morning; no matter how late I was, she stated we would be late together. Adrien and Alya were the only real reasons I came to school.

Even though one of them didn't notice me and one constantly, as much as I loved her, went on about my double-life.

It's a–sort of a– Hannah Montana type situation. Accept for a country/pop star isn't really my assignment. I was assigned by an experienced (aka aged, let's be real) master to protect all of Paris.. In assistance of Chat Noir.

The thing is– nobody knows what our true identities are. Not even each other's. I can't fall in love with him if I don't know who he is.. Right? That I (At least I think) know.

After all, he'd developed feelings for me since he first saw me. It's not like I'd be making anything harder if I told him I had feelings for him, too. But I'm not completely 100% sure yet, given the factor of Adrien. Chloe is always in the way but I don't see why there's a need to bother. Chat paid more attention to me in a day than Adrien has in a lifetime.

But that look he's always got in his eyes? The vibrant, but melancholy greens that remind me of something inviting but also sour; like a little boy lost on a perfect summer day or lounging underneath a mwerebi tree on a humid day with some peach tea. Something that made me want to figure out more about him. Something that made me wonder what he's gone through, why he chose to give me that umbrella that day, why he wanted to be my friend, why Chloe wants him so much.

Why I want him, too.

I heard a faint scream outside the bakery, so I rushed up my ladder and out onto the roof, looking over the edge to figure out what it was. It turned out to be only Chloe, who dropped her mirror on the sidewalk so it shattered. "That was my favorite compact!" She cried. "Why don't you try to watch where you're walking?"

Speak of the devil.

"Why don't you get lost? You're making a scene over a two inch mirror that probably cost you about 50¢." The girl she ran into ranted. What seemed like her sister possibly stood behind her with her hands on her hips. "You cost me my Polaroid!" She pointed at her now broken pastel yellow camera lying on the concrete next to shards of broken mirror.

Her sister stood beside her, tightening her ginger bun and again resting her hands on her hips. "You're going to have to pay for that, you know." She spoke.

Chloe scowled. "My daddy will take care of it. He is the mayor, you know." She fluffed her hair and smiled victoriously. I stuck my tongue out and made a noise in disgust. Just the thought of Chloe made me erupt in anger. How could anyone be so full of themselves to be a walking hazard and not realize?

"Yet that still makes you nothing, because you aren't appointed to his title. You're a real pest, aren't you?" The ginger girl claimed. She wasn't wrong.

Chloe scowled and walked off on the sidewalk once again, probably to call Sabrina and tell her how annoyed she is due to the fact that she can't walk and text at the same time without someone complaining.