Chapter 1

Ellie's POV
I woke up, my eyes burning from the fresh sunlight coming through my window. I rubbed my eyes and sat up in my bed. I reached for my phone and noticed the time. 7:45 am. Shit I thought. I was gonna be late for school. I quickly got out of bed and took a shower. I wrapped my body in a towel and went to my closet. I picked out some purple skinny jeans, a black tank top, my favorite leather jacket, and a black beanie. I quickly brushed my hair and put on some red lipstick and eyeliner. I threw my books into my bookbag, grabbed my phone, put in my headphones and put on some Slipknot. I ran downstairs to be encountered by my mother and stepfather in front of me, staring me down. "Elina, you're gonna be late! What did we tell you about staying up late? It's not good for a growing girl's body." my mother started. "I'm fine mom, just.....let me get to school. This conversation is just making me later to school.......and my name is Ellie,mom." I slurred in my "just woke up" voice. "Don't sass your mother like that!" my stepfather yelled. I rolled my eyes and said,"Are we done here?" My mother gave me a worried face and let me through. I rushed out the door.
--------time skip to school---------
I finally arrived at school....I mean....hell. I walked through a crowd of people, trying to make it to my first period class on time. I checked my schedule. Math. Luckily, I love math. I've always had this strange obsession with it. I guess I was kind of a nerd. I made it to math class, took out my headphones, and walked inside. "Ah, Ms. Elina, why are you late to my class" my math teacher started. Again with the Elina shit I thought. "Sorry sir, I overslept, it....it won't happen again" I stuttered out. "You're lucky that you didn't miss much. I just began the lesson" he said while I went to my seat all the way in the back of the class. I took notes for a while, then I started to drift away. It's just a review I thought this doesn't matter. I started drawing silly little doodles on my page. Skulls, lyrics, the usual emo crap. Then, I suddenly snapped out of my trance. "Ms. Elina, can you answer this problem? It seems that you have been taking notes so intensely, so you must know this!" The teacher said. I scanned the problem. "48, sir?" I said, nervously. "Correct. Good job, Ms. Elina." He said. I sighed and began to draw again. I looked at the time. 5 more minutes until this period ends I thought. I continue to draw but then my trance is interrupted by a yell. "Mr. Olson, how many times are you going to come late to my class? The period is almost over!" The teacher yelled at a boy, who seemed to not care at all. The girls in the front of the classroom seemed to care about him though. They giggled and whispered. I've seen this boy before though. His name is Ricky Olson. He had bright blue eyes, dark raven hair that went a little past his shoulders, a few lip rings, and pale skin. He was very popular in school. Every girl had a crush on him, well except me. He always came off as a bad influence to me. He smoked, drank and skipped school a lot. He was a player and, well, a man slut. But I've never really paid attention to him before, until now. "Whatever" Ricky mumbled and started to find a seat for that last few minutes of class. Some girls started to scream, "Sit next to me!" and some moved other boys from nearby seats so that Ricky could next to them. He came towards the back and say in a seat next to me. I looked at him quickly then continued to draw. I heard him looking for something in his bag and I looked over. He pulled out his phone and started texting. I turned away, thinking How the fuck can he just do that without being worried about getting caught? Then, a few minutes later, the bell rang. Ricky followed closely behind me but I didn't really care. "Ms. Elina, Mr. Olson, can you join me for a second?" The teacher called. I went up to his desk and Ricky stood beside me. "Ms. Elina.." I stopped him. "It's Ellie,sir" I said. "Oh sorry, um...Ellie....since you are one of my best students, I must ask you a favor..."
He said. Fuck I thought. "Ok...." I said nervously. "But first....how well do you know Mr. Olson?" He asked. "I never even spoke to him" I blurted out. "That's cause I don't hang out with nerds..." Ricky said quietly. I rolled my eyes. "Well this "nerd" is getting better grades than you..." I said in response. "Fuck you.." Ricky whispered, but I could see a slight smirk on his face. "Excuse me." The teacher interrupted. We both shut up. "Anyway....I was wondering, since your parents agreed on letting you do this...." He started. My parents always fuck me over, this is gonna fucking suck. "I was wondering if you would be able to tutor Mr. Olson after school?" He said. My eyes widened. I wanted to scream "FUCK NO!" but my parents were going to force me to do it anyway. I stood quietly. "And Mr. Olson, your parents have agreed on this too, you will both be meeting at your residence." Ricky said under his breath," fuck". "Well, are you going to take my offer or do I have to notify your parents?" The teacher added. I looked at Ricky and he shrugged. "Sure, why not? My grades need some help." Ricky said. "Ellie?" The teacher questioned. "Um...yeah...I guess...." I said. "Great, I can't wait to see an improvement on your grades, Mr. Olson. You both are dismissed." The teacher cheekily said. What the fuck did I just do?