Trust Me

“Blah Blah Blah” Mrs. Jane never seemed to give us any time to rest our minds, always scribbling something on the board and flapping her arms around to make a visual representation.

Personally, I could careless about Geometry, c’mon, when will we actually have to write proofs and then explain them using definitions in our daily lives? I felt like I was slowly withering away and without knowing, my eyes started to close.

“TAYLOR JONES!” My head snapped back to reality and being the clumsiest girl in the world, I jumped out of shock and fell out of my chair.

The class laughed as my mind processed what had happened in the last 30 seconds and I felt my face heat up. I looked up to see Mrs. Jane’s scowling face and I waited for the verdict.

“I am giving you an hour long detention that I except you to go to immediately after school” Mrs. Jane wrote something on the dreaded green slip and practically flung it at me.

I felt my face turn red again as I turned around to face the class to walk back to my seat. Some were snickering, some were giving me sympathetic looks, and other were doodling as if nothing had happened

“Okay, now back to our lesso-“ Mrs. Jane started to talk and write something on the board but the bell, indicating that school was over, rang a shrill noise and we all scrambled to put all of our books in our bags and rush out the door.

Thank God, I thought in my head. I walked down the hallway, watching excited girls make plans, the jocks getting ready to practice sports, and the majority of people getting ready to go home and relax. I looked on with envious eyes as I made my way down to the detention room. I entered and saw him.

“Shit.”