Anti-Mystery vs. Anti-Fantasy

Regarding Anti-mystery and Anti-fantasy

                                   Ryukishi07

In EP3 of this time, I tried to change the catch copy phrase at the back cover, 'is reasoning possible or impossible', to 'anti-mystery vs anti-fantasy.

I think it's already comprehensible to those who have finished this EP3 but, the world view of 'Umineko no Naku Koro Ni' goes just as this catch copy.

Well, mystery and fantasy are probably words you hear often but, when it comes to and anti-mystery and anti-fantasy, I think there are not much chances for it to be heard.

What would be the general ideas behind 'anti'?

That's what I'd humbly like to enumerate here.

Regarding anti-fantasy, probably there isn't anything special to talk about.

In this world we live, fantasy and such are impossible.

No matter what kind of fancy fairy-tale it is, in the end, they are just a work of fiction.

Even if it is realistic, they have exaggerations in some things and are only political and made-up stories.

Don't you tell me that you seriously believe that Earth was made in 7 days by the Creator? Or that Izanagi-no-Mikoto (see Wikipedia) created the Japanese islands with his spear...? it's obvious that we can explain those with the combination of the big-bang with meteorites and the rising of lands by means of the interference of the (tectonic) plates, huh.

To the ones who are able to openly declare that during the classes of Japan history and world history, be welcome, I present you the world of the 'anti-fantasy'.

The people who pretend to believe those things to keep the appearances, for being able to read the atmosphere, even though they don't believe it, too, please, be welcome to the world of 'anti-fantasy'.

There's no way witches and magic do exist.

In everything, we can expose the truth through reasoning.

Most of people should believe that.

'Anti-fantasy'.

In other words, that is our basic format, the common sense.

You guys would never surrender to 'Umineko no Naku Koro Ni'.

Because there's no way witches and magic do exist.

Such an extremely natural explanation for 'anti-fantasy' ends here and finally let's start to talk about the 'anti-mystery'.

First, before talking about anti-mystery, we have to talk about the mystery.

To talk about what is a mystery, a thin booklet like this wouldn't have enough pages.

Because of that, I'd like to advance the talk in an extremely simple way here.

Basically, when we say 'mystery', this points out to the 'authentic mystery'.

To explain it in a rough and yet simple way, the classical mystery denominates something where it's possible for the reader to reach the correct answer through the information exposed in the middle of the story, without waiting for the 'in-play' answers.

This is the main idea of the mystery and certainly it is appropriate to name it 'authentic'.

It means that at the same time it is a reading material, it is also an intelligence contest between the writer and the reader.