Chapter 2

I still couldn't believe that Dylan was back. When I first woke up this morning, I thought it was all a dream. I thought that it was my wolf who missed him so much, that I started to dream about him. It sounded so weird and surreal that it had to be reality. He really is back. 

I was seriously losing it. I felt like I was going crazy, not just me, but my wolf too. Espesially my wolf, I was so on edge, that I almost fainted at work. When I left for work this morning, I felt uneasy, like something was going to happen and I didn´t like it at all. It was not long, before Lucy came in for her shift. She looked pissed. We had plans yesterday, but I didn´t make it, because I bumped in to Dylan and then I went home. More like ran but who cares. She had called me multiple times, but I didn´t answer any of them. After a while the phone calls stopped and the texts began.

This morning she obviously didn´t talk to me. I could totally understand that but still. She is my best friend and not talking to here, is killing me. I met her a couple of years ago. We were at the mall and we both hung onto this very beautiful dress, and of course, we both didn´t let go. We both wanted it and neither of us was going to give that dress up. We fought, not like the hair pulling, scratching kind of fighting. It was all fists, kicking and using our heads. It was until after we calmed down that I noticed that she was also a she-wolf. She noticed it too and looked at me with disbelief. After we got thrown out of the store we went into a restaurant and talked for what felt hours. 

She told me that there hasn't been a wolf here since ages and that she couldn't believe that I was one too. Especially, because all the wolves that are living here are born like that. I was bitten and that would change everything, she said. I didn't know what she meant by that, until all of a sudden a couple weeks later I got attacked by several wolves. Always other ones, even wolves from different states. I told Lucy everything and she just looked at me. She told me that there hasn't been a humand turned into a werewolf for like centuries and that I was the first one like in forever. I didn't like the sound of it, at all. Anyways I had to deal with all those wolves, I didn't eve know why they would attack me. Lucy said it was for the power I had, but that was crazy, because I don't have any power. I'm just a normal adult woman. Who also happens to be a she-wolf.

I couldn't have Lucy not talk to me, so I took a break from my shift and went to the back. My best friend was just sitting there in a chair and staring out the window. "I saw him yesterday."  she said. I knew that she saw him, we were practically in front of the restaurant. "I know, I'm sorry that I didn't call you back, but I needed time to think. Think about why he would come back. After all this time."  I told her. She looked at me like I was a crazy person, and I probably looked like one. I couldn't sleep last night and I stayed awake for almost the entire night.  "I know that you still love him. He can't just reject you, I bet his wolf is going insane, like your wolf is going insane right now." Lucy said with a smirk. I knew that she couldn't stay mad at me and I also knew she was right. No wolf had ever rejected their mate. Unlilke my stupid, asshole, dickhead of a mate.