0.6

Riley POV

hey, cutie :-)

you went for babe, I went for cutie :-))

i'm confused. 4th grade? please, explain? and, yes, we can definitely make out. just tell me when, and i promise to make it happen.

i feel the same way. it's unbelievable, that a girl like you, can like me. and maybe?? i don't remember what i did in english, but there's a chance, i guess?? and if one of us is adorable, it's definitely you.

also, it was good seeing you! sorry if i was blushing a lot..

love,

babe ;-)

p.s. winks are flirty, and not creepy, right?

Maya gaped as she read the note over my shoulder.

"I don't know how you do it, Riley. He wants to make out with you. But," she pointed to a section of the letter, "this is weird. What does he mean by 'please, explain?' There's nothing to explain. You guys met in elementary school." I shrugged.

"I don't know, that made no sense to me either. Maybe he was just blanking out, having an off moment." I hope he's okay.

"Yeah, maybe. So what are you going to write back? Please tell me you've been flirting with him. He's too hot not to." I pushed her shoulder lightly.

"Of course I have, are you kidding me? In what world would I not? Please tell me, so I can make sure I never visit there." We laughed, and continued talking about what I would write.

At lunch, Farkle even helped a little bit, even though he still didn't know I was writing to Charlie, telling me to say that I would skip class to make out with him. Not that I wouldn't, because I would sprint down to wherever he told me to meet him.

"I can't believe you and him have nicknames for each other like that, it's so cute, it sickens me," Maya folded her arms over her chest at the table.

"It's just weird to me that he hasn't really gone out of his way to talk to me, you know? I mean, all we've really had is a conversation in the hall, we've never talked outside of school." I frowned, what if he was embarrassed of me? What if he was only responding to me to be nice?

"What do you mean, you've never talked out of school?" Farkle looked at me, confused.

"I know, it's insane. The only real time we've talked is when he bumped into me in the hallway and picked my stuff up, but that was barely anything. He did call me Riles though, but he seemed to hurry away from me." I sighed.

"Maybe he was running late to class because he helped you." Maya said as if it were obvious.

"You know, I could help a lot more if I knew for sure who this guy was!" Farkle piped up, sounded extremely annoyed with me. I just shook my head.