Chapter 2

"Mother, I'm home!" I yelled as loudly as I could, knowing it'll scare her. I hear a scream coming from the kitchen. I chuckle to myself, making my way towards the kitchen.

"My child, we've gone over this, you do not scare me like that. Do it again, and I'll slit your throat!." I was taken aback by her violence, bet she's on her period.

"Mother, do you need tampons? Or do you already have one up your ass." I smirk at my comeback, yup I'm totally dead. I see her opening a cabinet, taking out a knife from the corner of my eye. I take this as a hint to run, and immediately sprint towards my room.

"Love you mom!" I yell out, knowing she'll just say something hilarious back.

"I'll love your head on my bedroom wall even more." I chuckle lightly, about to say something back, but I'm cut off by my phone ringing. I reach for it on the back pocket of my jeans, seeing it's a unknown number.

"Hello?" I answer, questioning who it could be.

"Is this Skylar?" Damn it, I forgot I had given the ogre my number.

"Nope, sorry you have the wrong number." I hope he falls for it, and I wont have to speak to him any further.

"Haha, Im dying from laughter." I could imagine him rolling his eyes, yet still smiling, when saying this. Dammit, he hadn't fallen for it.

"What could you possibly want?" I make my way down the stairs, entering the kitchen once again. I grab an apple, lifting my body to a sitting position on the counter. My mother gives me a questioning look. "It's an ogre from school mom."

"Well, just incase you forgot, we have been paired up for a project, and i'd like to get that done. Also, I'm a human not an ogre." I hear him laugh, and I scoff. He's eavesdropping on my mother and I's conversation. Well, if it even counts, because- never mind, point being he's annoying the shit out of me.

"No, I didn't forget, I was just hoping you'd forget, because I'd rather get an F, than have to speak to you." My mother's eyes widen, but I just roll mines, ignoring her.

"Young lady, that is no way to speak to your friends!" All of the sudden my phone is being snatched out of my hand, and my moms speaking to the devil's spawn.

"I apologize for my daughter, she seems to have something stuck up her ass." I gasped, how dare she not only take my saying, but use it against me as well. She smirks, knowing she got me well.

"But anyways sweetie, what's the reason you're calling?... Oh you have a project, I see... Why don't you come on over, I'll make Skylar texts you the address... No, thank you honey, see you soon." I stare at her with wide eyes, she did not just do that.

"Mom, what the fuck was that!" I scream, snatching my phone away from her in pure shock. My mother was so going to get it later today.

"First of all, your profanity is unnecessary. Second, you have a project that has to be done. It was going to happen anyways, get over yourself. Now go text him the address." I let out a puff of air, extremely aggravated by my mother. I open up my phone, and text him the address before my mother takes it again, and does it herself.

"Mom, if I end up killing myself today, know that you're the reason why." I take one final bite out of my apple, before throwing it away. Fixing my posture, and walking towards the living room, away from the annoying woman I call mother.

"You okay? You seem kinda off." My big brother, Damon, asks me.

"Mom happened," I plop onto the couch, pretending to be interested in whatever it is he's watching on tv.