Ch.1

"Oh, I'm sorry Agent Carter...not everyone's cut out for Hollywood."

Those were the last words Peggy Carter heard before she was forced off the platform. The drop felt like an eternity. the seconds passing as if they were hours. But the bottom of the buiding came and she fell on concrete cinder blocks with rebars jutting out in different directions.

Peggy felt a huge pain wave of pain wash over her as she laid on the  hard ground. Slowly, as if she was in a trance, the female agent tilted her head to look at the source of pain in her lower abdomen. As as soon as she saw the rod sticking out of her side, Peggy knew that it was going to be rough. Even more so because of the people who wanted her dead. With a heavy heart, she let her head drop back to ground. Her breaths were coming heavier as if the oxygen was merely leaving the air.

Peggy wasn't dumb. She had served out on the frontlines and saw men get injured. As her breaths became havier and the pain started to gorw, the female agent reached the conclusion that she was going to die. However, before she could think about how many other ways she could die, Peggy heard the sound of metal and footsteps hit the cold concrete floor. The sound of metal and a hard body hitting the floor beside her, echoed throughout the silent building.

Daniel.

Relief, care, and something she couldn't quite decipher washed over her as Daniel reached over to wipe off the rod to help her off it. Beads of sweat formed on her brow as he began to lift her off of the cursed rod. Peggy had no clue how he was able to do so, because of his false leg, but some how he did. Later that day, she would recall that he had knelt his bad leg on the box, while reaching over her, both hands on her back. She was almost off the rod, when she felt a sharp pain roll through her body, making her scream into the air, tears forming in her eyes.

"Shhh. Don't worry Peg. I've got you. I've got you."

With a final tug, Daniel had managed to get her off the rod and onto his lap. She felt strong arms wrap around her back, holding her close. Peggy was exceedingly tired and in so much pain. She just wanted the whole day to be done. Her eyelids became heavy as she felt the need to sleep come over her.

"Hey" the man holding her said as he gently brushed loose strands of hair behind her ear.

"Don't close your eyes on me. We can rest when we get you all patched up."

Peggy managed a brief nod and focused on the man looking down at her. If only she had told him how she felt earlier. Maybe they wouldn't have to have gone through all of the tensions they had now. Maybe after a long mission, they would be able to return to each others loving arms. But it's bad to dwell on the maybe's and the what if's.

Peggy knew that she was most likely going to live after her injury, but there was a part of her that knew that she could not make it to the next day. Her eyes drifted towards her beloved chief, watching him as he spoke to her soft calming tones. Slowly, not aware of what she was doing, Peggy urged her arm upward, cupping Daniel's face with her shaking hand. As soon as her hand made contact with him, the man stopped talking and looked down at her with warm brown eyes.

"Daniel, I..." Peggy began to say before gasping in pain.

"Shhhh. Shhhh. Don't worry Peg. I'm not going anywhere. You can tell me later. Remeber what I said to you that day when the office was raided? I am in this with you till the end, and that will never ever change. Okay?

Peggy knew that she could have verbally answered him, but instead chose to nod her head. Not because she was in pain, but the intensity of the passion in his eyes and words. Gently, Daniel shifted her a small amount so that he could lean his back against a wooden crate and layed her down against him. As he did so, Peggy watched as he reached for an object to the side of it