Back on Board

"This can't keep happening. It's against policy." I said laying my head onto Joel's chest, and my curly main spilled around me.

"We just won't do it of the ship." He said with a chuckle. I rolled onto him, straddling his hips.

"Okay, then that means that we should go nonstop until then." I said as I slid him into me.

•••••

I stayed at Joel's house until it was time to board the ship again.

The ship was the way I remembered it, but it felt like a life time ago that I had last seen it.

I was still the only female of the ship. It didn't bother me the same way it had when I was first assigned to the Mayflower.

My bunker was the same as I left it, my sheets were still folded and my pillow was on top. I put the picture of Alex and I back on the mirror. I then was to report to the bridge for undocking.

I kept my face neutral as I walked into the bridge and saw Joel looking like a god just standing in his uniform commanding officers.

I stood at attention until he saw me. The only change to his expression was his eyes. His eyes almost looked out of place compared to the rest of his face; his face was so stern and hard, but his eyes were soft.

Joel nods at me and I take my place. Once again we guide ourselves out of the dock and into the open Atlantic waters.

Like any other normal day the unneeded on the bridge slowly shuffle out, eventually leaving Joel and I alone.

I don't look at him, even though I feel his eyes on me time to time. I hear him stand from his chair and then I hear foot steps coming near me.

"What if someone sees?" I said when he is standing close enough that I can feel his body heat.

"This is going to be a long month." He said and walked back to his chair.