One shot

(This is just a random one shot I made while I was bored.)

All my life I've been searching and searching for the one! I mean honestly, who isn't?

I know for a fact that I'm different, though. I want a specific prince. When I was young and full of stupid dreams, I had no idea of the real pain out there in the world. Unfortunately it hit me really hard once my mother died. Luckily, my best friend Natsu, was always there for me. He's like a close-friend to me! Lisanna thinks I like-like him, but to me he's a dragon. No prince charming.

Have you ever looked at someone and then thought, if he stares at me for a long time, and we lock eyes. Then it's love at first sight! But when your eyes do lock, you panic and look away. That's me.

My brown eyes open slowly as the the lashes flutter and I push myself to sit up. My silk sheets circle around me, and I've already memorized this position. This is my dreaming position. I dream about him every night. When I can't sleep, I imagine him one day sitting next to me and abruptly striking up a conversation.

That won't happen and I'm just hurting myself with all these dreams but...

Who needs reality?

I hear the familiarity of the knock on my window. My apartment is three stories up but he's very athletic. Natsu.

I should punch him, but that's no fun. Plus I've already got a signature fighting technique. The Lucy Kick!

"Go away Natsu," I shouted at the top of my lungs. My voice slightly echoed throughout my cheap apartment, but ever since my father cut off all chances of a healthy life by kicking me from home... I've been stuck here in this dump.

"Come on Luce! We'll be late!" He yelled back as he pushed the glass from the frame of the window. The once closed curtains slightly open for me too see the daylight.

I then remembered that we actually have SCHOOL! I jump from bed and grab a handful of my school clothes. I jump around trying to put a sock on while trying to reach the kitchen part. Natsu watches aimlessly in the opening of the window. He seems focused on something. It's kinda scaring me.

I hop into my kitchen and shove toast into my mouth. I look him over quickly then gave him a questioning glance. He's still got that thinking look on his face.

"Whatshup?" I ask, the toast in my mouth hid my real concern for him, but he didn't seem to notice.

"It's just that-" he cut himself off and shook his head, "you look really pretty in the mornings."

I blink before smiling back, "thanks!" I shove the small portion of toast back into my mouth as I hurry into the bathroom.

Slamming the door I hear his footsteps make their way into my kitchen. He's probably going to eat all my food now...

I'll have to start a new grocery list and take note to stop at the market after school.

List-

-cookies

-milk

-Natsu's favorite Orange juice

I think that's about it, that he eats in the morning but still that's half my bugget. Good thing him and I are mailman. We volunteer at the fire station and all kinds of places. Every Sunday we go to church and every Saturday we spend it picking up trash from the side of the roads.

I slip my long milky white legs through the short pale grey skirt. My thin arms slide into my white button-up blouse and pull my hair out from hiding under it. My blonde hair bounces to my shoulders and I take a small portion and tie it into a small part that hangs from my side frame.