Chapter 1

This is the other chapter i will be uploading :)

Personally, this one is my preferred one, but then again, i get random bursts of inspiration to write other books as well.

There will be no sex scenes (again, sorry to disappoint ;) )

Um, its a werewolf book...so enjoy the first chapter and tell me what you think! xx

***

Chapter 1

Melanie gazes out her bedroom window at the pitch black streets stretching out in front of her, the only source of light being the scattered streetlamps on the side of the road and the occasional strike of lightning.

It has been ten years since the death of her father, since her whole world turned upside down. Melanie doesn't remember much of her childhood, only flashes here and there, but she's okay with that. She doesn't want to remember the horrific events nor the life-shattering news that changed the bane of her existence.

Thunder claps overhead, but Melanie doesn't react. She's too lost in her own thoughts to notice anything, not even the grey wolf slinking back into the shadows.

Her thoughts drift to the life she barely remembers. To the world she was forced to leave behind. The world of werewolves.

Having only been eight when her father was murdered, she often finds herself wondering what life would have been like if she stayed.

She was taken away from everything- her friends, family, but most of all, who she truly was.

Her knowledge of werewolves was limited - she only knew that she could turn into a giant beast at will and that on the full moon she lost control of the beast inside of her.

Melanie doesn't have a second voice inside of her head, rather a gut instinct that has directed most of her life since she shifted for the first time at sixteen.

She had been brought up by her single mother, away from the fantasy-like world, never truly knowing what it meant to be a part of it.

Melanie's eyes shift briefly to the alarm clock on her wooden nightstand, the time showing ten minutes to midnight - but she isn't tired. She feels like she should be excited for the following day, but the gentle drumming of the rain on the road and the soft battering against the window makes it hard for her to be excited for the unknown event taking place the following day - which would be the start of her last year of school.

This excitement deep within her wasn't just the standard start of term excitement. No, this was something major, and her gut told her that this would be life changing.

But this time not in a bad way.

Melanie brings her knees up to her chest and wraps her arms around them, resting her chin down.

She sighs, knowing that she should go to be, but too comfortable to move from her position at the window. Melanie loves storms, which is part of the reason she hasn't moved from her position for the last two hours.

Reluctantly, she unwraps her arms from her legs and stands up from the window seat, moving silently towards her bed and puling back the warm, baby blue covers.

Melanie wraps the covers over herself and closes her eyes, a grey wolf sneaking into her dreams.

Unknowing to her, this mysterious animal was the same wolf that her perceptive eyes missed earlier.

***

So...thoughts?

Love to hear from all of you! xx