Absolutely Smitten

Violet Fortescue had seen the brazen redhead before.
One of the twins who gave the best farewell to Hogwarts ever seen, one of the many gingers who would crowd around her father's ice cream shop window.
One summer in 1995 where he dared to go in and cheek his way into free ice cream.

"That'll be 3 sickles, please." She handed him the small tub of strawberry-chocolate swirl ice cream.

"3 sickles? Are you sure?"

"As someone who works here: yes, I'd like to say I'm quite sure."

"But think of it this way, I'm taking it off your hands. You're clearly already sweet enough." He smiled playfully.

"Hilarious." She rolled her eyes, realising this boy is probably just trying to waste time. "3 sickles, or no ice cream."

The boy backed away slowly towards the door, "Alright-" His eyes darted to her name tag, "Violet. But I'll be back."

"Bring your sickles next time."

He wasn't lying when he said he would be back. The freckled boy only made one other appearance, but somehow he still made it hard for Violet to forget him.

"You again." Violet looked up from her potions text book to see the same dark eyed boy she saw a few days ago.

"I brought my sickle." He gave a toothy grin, placing a coin on the counter.

"Sickle? You need two more." She slid the coin to him.

"I believe it was only one." He moved the coin back.

"Don't make me raise it to 4."

"But I have a family! Look at them they're-" He clapped his hands at his twin who heard him through an open window and gathered two younger siblings, all three pressed their frowning faces onto the glass. "Look at them they're starving and poor. We just want one tub of ice crea-"

"I might even raise it to 5."

"You wouldn't-"

"Or 6-"

"Think of the children!"

"Maybe 7-"

"One day, I'll leave this place with some ice cream." He grabbed his sickle and exited.

Now a year had passed, and he was back. This time, his scruffy clothes had been swapped for a suit and tie - his uniform for the new shop he had opened with his twin. She noticed he was taller, his cheeks were rosier, and his grin was wider as he placed three coins infront of her.

"One tub of strawberry-chocolate swirl please."

"You're actually paying for it?" She raised her eyebrows, handing him the ice cream.

He tugged his tie, "What can I say? I'm a business man now. You should come visit my shop-"

"Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, I've seen it. So which Weasley are you?"

"George." He said without missing a beat. "You should really meet my twin Fred though, he's much funnier, way more interesting than I am-"

"I'm sure he is." She smiled. "See you, Fred."

"See you, Violet." He made his way to the door before he turned around, "Did you just?"

"Bye." She waved, "Enjoy your ice cream."

"I will." He waved back, and left the shop smirking.

Despite only just learning his name, Fred had Violet absolutely smitten.

★★★★★★★★★

A/N: Ooooh a new fanfic looky here.

Not sure if you can tell but I kind of love Dodie Clark???? So yeah, she's the face claim. And also her song Absolutely Smitten is what I named this fic after. It's so cute.

Idk if i'll be able to keep this up but I guess we'll see.

Vote, comment, share. If you like.