Temmie (Ch 2)

"Hoi! We r gonna b bffs!!" Temmie said excitedly. I gave the dog a fake smile. I thought that my roommate would be much more serene.

"Yes hi," I said quietly. I sat down on my bed, and Temmie came bounding over. It was sniffing my luggage, and then my pillow, and then my dorm bed, and then finally me.

"I'm so excited 2 b here. U kno, som one paid fer me to go to colleg! My shop was gettin' mony fasssst!" Temmie let out a joyful laugh.

Hm. I didn't know that this little dog owned a shop. I also didn't know that someone paid a DOG to go to college. But I shouldn't really be saying that since everyone on this campus looks unreal; However I do enjoy the two skeletons.

"Say," I asked. "What are you?"

Temmie stared blankly at me, and then burst into a laughing fit. I scooted back every time it howled. I eventually fell off the bed.

"I'm a doge! Can't u c?" It laughed some more.

"No, I mean what is your gender? I honestly can't tell, and I can't keep calling you an 'it'," I said while annoyed. Hopefully I wouldn't go through this every day.

"Oh me?" Temmie said. "Well.. I don' really kno. But my fwiends Temmie, Temmie, Temmie, Temmie, and—"

I cut it off. "I know they are all Temmie, can you get to your point?"

"I was ony gonna say 'Bob', but anyway. Most of tem call me a gurl," she said with a slight smile.

I nodded my head. So Temmie was a girl... Why was she and everyone else named Temmie where she lived? And why did they speak that way? Sometimes it's impossible to say anything like that.

"So why do you speak this way, Temmie?" I asked casually. I didn't want her to know that it may have been a hidden insult.

"Oh, I can speak in regular English," Temmie started,"but I speak in 'Temmie Speak' because it is the language of our home. But I'll speak in English for now."

Okay so maybe Temmie wasn't so bad. I may actually be starting to like her, but just a little bit. I was wondering how it would be at nightfall, when she had to go to sleep for the classes in the morning.

"Interesting. Well I'm going to set up everything," I said while zipping open my bags. Temmie nodded and jumped over to her side of the room. She flung striped shirts everywhere, and got out a few books.

One of the books happened to hit my head.

"Ow, Temmie please be more careful!"

I moved my hand towards my temple, causing the pain to increase. I pulled my arm down and picked up the book. It read "Asriel Dreemurr" on the cover, and it had a picture of a little goat spread in beautiful golden flowers.

"Um, who is this?" I asked pointing to the book. Temmie spun around instantly.

"Asriel Dreemurr?" She asked. "He's King Asgore and Queen Toriel's son. Well, their biological son. They actually took in a HOOMAN!"

I rolled my eyes. But I wanted to know more about this character. "Tell me more about him," I asked.

"Uh okay," Temmie said suspiciously.
"Asriel grew up with the human, and played a lot with him. Asriel was strong, and he cared for the human. Once they were about a teenage age, the hooman got sick.

"They knew the hooman would die very soon. Asriel took him to the hooman realm where he could die among others of his kind. But they attacked Asriel. He held back, and eventually died with the hooman. Soon after, the king wanted seven souls that would grant him access to the hooman realm, but Toriel sided against it. She never wanted to fight. She wanted them to act. So they went their separate ways."