My Problem

We went over to Harry's house for a small get together to celebrate his birthday. Liam was running late because he stopped by to pick up his girlfriend. We're sitting around the bonfire drinking some beers when they walk in hand in hand. Everyone is talking, laughing having a good time. Liam's girlfriend then starts talking about some story that happened to her earlier. I roll my eyes before standing up & heading inside for another beer. I grab the beer & open it then lean against the counter taking a sip.

 "Hey." Liam says closing the glass door behind him. 

"Uh, Hey Payne." I say smiling. 

"Can-Can I ask you something?" he asks looking at me. I nod & stay silent. He's quiet for a moment then speaks, "Why don't you like my girlfriend?" I stand there surprised at his question. I don't say anything then he speaks, "I've seen how you roll your eyes when she's around or speaking. How you're always avoiding her." The truth is I don't like her & she doesn't like me. We've had fights but I never told Liam because he was in love with her & I didn't want to to cause problems.

"It's just—" I manage to say before Liam interrupts me. 

"The truth (y/n)." he says raising an eyebrow at me. 

"The truth? Alright the truth is she's a total bitch. She pretends to be this loving person but in reality she is the devil himself—" I start ranting on before Liam interrupts me. 

"STOP! Just stop! I can't believe this! She isn't like that!" He's yelling at me, "The problem here is you!

I stare at him as I feel my blood heat up, I press my lips together trying to hold back from going off on him. "Well trust me, you'll never have to deal with your "Problem" anymore." I say as I push my way past him.

"Damnit (y/n)! (Y/N)!" He yells after me as I slam the door behind me.

[Later on...]

It has been a week since the argument with Liam & I haven't seen him since then. The guys would invite me over but I'd always decline when they would mention him. One night Harry calls me & invites me to meet him up for a late dinner. I haven't been out in a long time & decide to accept. I walk into the diner & sit next to Harry. Harry starts telling his jokes which cause me to laugh, not that fact that they were actually funny but because they were just horrible. I'm laughing so hard that I can't breath when I suddenly hear an unexpected voice causing me to stop all together. I turn my focus to the much familiar face then back at Harry. Unbelievable! Harry knew that the last person I want to see is Liam yet he invites him here. I roll my eyes as Liam starts to speak, I grab my bag & push past him on my way out. I'm walking towards the door when I feel a strong grip on my arm pulling me back.

"(Y/N)." I try to loosen his grip but he isn't letting go, "Please, hear me out. I need to talk to you.

I stop turning to look at him as I finally loose grip, "Now, you need to talk to your problem?" I ask stiffly not relaxing one muscle in my body. He stares at me, searching my face for any form of feelings.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you, that I chose her over you & mostly for calling you my problem when you're the only one who has always been there for me. I feel like a total asshole knowing I hurt you.

I can't help it, as much as I try not to cry my eyes start to water. 

"This past week I have been trying to figure out why you would say such things and I saw her for who she really is. (y/n), I broke it off with her because I realized that you are a problem." I roll my eyes at what he says. "But I'd rather have you be my one and only problem.

I look up at him a bit confused & meet his big brown eyes. I open my mouth to say something before Liam attaches his lips to mine. It takes me a few seconds before I react & slowly start to wrap my arms around his neck, giving in to the kiss.