Cheat Chat

World's most valuable dating advice: Never do virtual.

Reason #1: He tells lies.

-August 2015-

"Alright folks, enough for today! Don't forget to bring your letters tomorrow! Remember, it's in pink envelope!"

Sigh. People need to alert me next time that college's first day could be this lame and tiring. I walked to the ladies bathroom to change clothes and clean up. I heard some girls muttered about today. We literally just stayed under the sun for three hours straight with bunch of yells and curses. And let me tell you, it's not the most exciting sunbathing session. Those seniors were just enjoying their role.

But the torture's over. One thing that never changes about me; I hate crowd. So I drove away. Needed my silent world back.

"Honey? Hey... Whoa. You smell-"

"Interesting." I cut my mom's words. "Gross, isn't it?"

"What did they do to you?"

"What didn't they do to me, mom."

"I'm sorry sweet pie. It'll be over soon."

Look at mom. She put everything behind only to get me to that precious college these neighbors have been talking about. I personally disliked the decision. Home schooling program was the best choice. But what did they say about it - 'blending with society' thing or some sort? I didn't give a care. The reason I did this was for her.

"Okay." I gave in. "What are you making for dinner?"

"Chocolate pancake. No, even better, double chocolate pancakes." She stroked my hair. "I'll knock you when it's done."

"Thank you mommy." I kissed her cheek and ran upstairs.

Alright, people. World needed to be healed. Where should I start? Of course, priority comes first. Laptop. I turned it on, and took a quick shower. I came back to tons of notifications and five chat windows. Slow down. Let's use all the time in the world to check...

Hang on.

ByronPritchard:
Hi ☺️

Oh wait. Wasn't it Byron Pritchard? That boastful Pritchard guy? What happened with his glorious life?

MarlouDanville:
Hi.

ByronPritchard:
You're Ginney's friend, right?

MarlouDanville:
Stating the obvious. What about it?

ByronPritchard:
Just making sure. I have the worst short term memory.

MarlouDanville:
Well, mister, for quick memory update, we used to be classmates too so I'm not only Marlou the Ginney's friend.

ByronPritchard:
Right. Now I remember you. 😉

I felt something wrong. This guy, let me tell you, was last known somewhere across the ocean. I never heard anything from him, or about him, for the last seven years. Last time we met was in 6th grade, when his parents knocked the classroom door and told our teacher that they needed to bring Byron along. The whole family moved out from this city. And that's just it, he vanished to the thin air.