CHAPTER 16: PICNIC

Spring break finally started and another exciting chapter on Riko's life is about to unfold.

 "So, what are your plans for Spring break?" Hyuuga asked, curiously. 

 She just came back from the graduation ceremony after doing her part as the new Student council President & now her childhood friend is asking her of something she hasn't thought of.

 "How about you? What do you think? It's our last year in highschool so we have to make things memorable." 

 "How about mountain hiking?" 

 "No. We've already done that." 

 "Skiing?" 

 "In spring?"

 "Beach vacation?" 

 "No. Save that for summer." 

 "Then let's try playing at the newly opened game center!" 

 She shook her head. "Can't you think of a better idea?" 

 "Le'mme see," he continued thinking. 

 "Then, How about --" 

 "A picnic under a Sakura tree?" Kiyoshi continued Hyuuga's sentence. 

 "Good idea, Teppei!" 

 "Wait. That's what I'm about to say!" Hyuuga protested. 

 "That means, I'm cooking then. What do you want to eat guys?" She reached for a pen & a notepad.

 "No you can't!" Hyuuga disagreed. 

 "Hmm. Chicken Karaage sounds great. What do you think, Teppei?" 

The two planned and Hyuuga was totally ignored.

 -----------------------------------------------------------

  We're planning for a picnic this sunday. Want to join?Said in the message from Riko. 

Midorima typed a reply before going back to his usual shooting practice.

  I can't. I'll just kill the mood. 

Oh C'mon. It would be fun! You can also invite Takao and the others! If you want to! She replied. 

  I'm really not coming. He answered back. 

 She only sent him a mesagge with a sad emoticon. 

  Fine. I'm coming. He texted back.

 YEEY! You don't know how happy I am right now! I'll pay you back this Sunday and Oh! I'm also planning to tell my team about our relationship. Just saying

 And Good night! Sweetdreams, was her last message containing an emoticon with many hearts and kisses on it.

 Midorima slapped his self. It's just been a week since he asked her to become his girlfriend and now she's already giving him headaches.

  She didn't even bothered to asked my opinion, he thought in his sleep. 

 That Sunday, everyone gathered under the same Sakura tree Riko chose for their picnic.The three Seirin bench players--Fukuda, Kawahara and Furihata brought the large blanket they need. They're also the ones who placed it properly under the Cherry blossom tree. 

 Kiyoshi, Mitobe and Tsuchida brought the drinks -- Bottled water, canned juice and also Ice.

 Kuroko provided the camera while Izuki, Koganei and Hyuuga carried the foods prepared by both Kagami and Riko. Of course she can't deal with their food alone. They don't want someone to get hospitalize again just because of her terrible cooking. Nigou was also with them.