~Chapter 1~

You remember the plan, right Emma?" My father asked, drilling me for the hundredth time.

"Of course I do," I reply, bored with having the same discussion over and over again.

"I tell everyone I'm adopted, and that my name is EmmaJean Rivers. I'll befriend Harry, and get information about him to tell my father." Emma said in her mind, going over it for thousandth time already, "It's September 1st, I'm platform 9 and 3 quarters. I'll get on there and watch as my 'family' waves me off, and once I'm on the train, I'll try to find Harry and his friends. From what I know, I think they're all 4th years, so I should find him near the back of the train." I thought, completely bored with the subject by now.

***

Once on the train, I kept an eye out for Harry and his friends, putting on my best innocent face. When I open the compartment door near the back, I, unexpectedly, found Harry.

"Oh, uh, excuse me. I didn't mean to come in here. Umm...m-my name is E-EmmaJean, EmmaJean Rivers. I'm a first year."

"Hahaha, Harry look. I remember when we were a 1st year. Watch out for the twins, though, they like to play jokes. Oh and you're gonna love Hagrid. I haven't met anyone who doesn't like him, besides the entire Malfoy group of course." Ron said rudely.

"Ron, shut up. We should introduce ourselves instead of rambling on about unnecessary things." Hermione whispered harshly.

"Just ignore them, they're a bunch of nobody's," Harry said, looking at me, "I'm Harry, the girl over there is Hermione, and the boy with red hair is Ron. You're welcome to sit with us if you like."

Hermione replied, "Excuse me, I am not a 'girl' and much less a 'nobody', I am a woman intelligent in everything wizardry."

Ron laughed out loud, then said, "You're hardly a woman."

Hermione stared at Ron, picked up her things, and walked to another compartment.

"Oooh you've done it now, Ron. Better get in there, if you get lucky she'll slap you." Harry said.

"Shut up," Ron replied, then walked towards Hermione, leaving Harry and me alone together.

"Like I said, a bunch of nobody's. If you would like, you can sit here, make yourself comfortable. Those two won't be back 'till way later, probably not until the train comes to a near stop." Harry said, adjusting his glasses and looking out the window.

This is going to be a long trip. I wish I could sit in a compartment by myself. At least I'm going to Hogwarts. I thought, setting my stuff down neatly, and sat down across from Harry, waiting for the ride to be over.

After a few moments of silence, Ron and Hermione came back into the room, Hermione angrily mumbling and Ron with a few red marks on his cheek.

"What'd I tell ya," Harry said, "You got lucky."

"Shut up." Ron replied, ignoring Hermione.

Finally they both sat down, Hermione glaring at Ron. Then Harry asked me, "So... EmmaJean, was it? What kind of things do you want to learn?"

All of a sudden Hermione straightened her posture and started listening to our conversation.

"Well, anything that would put me in a good direction, I guess. I don't really have a plan. I'll just go with whatever classes Dumbledore seems would be fit for me." I replied.

"Well, first things first. You're a first year, correct? That means you need to be determined what house you're going to be in. After that, you should be given a schedule." Hermione said.