The path she took

See ya later!

Ch1:

I'm not sure why but I've always wanted to be on television. I think it was the fact that I'd be seen worldwide. In my heart, superstardom was meant for me. I'm Imani and this is how I became a tv star. It seems like just last month I was at home playing around with my brothers before heading off to my college campus.

"Imani let me keep this!" my youngest brother Jamarian asked while holding up a shell necklace of mine. I take it from him and tell him "Sure but you have to promise to take care of it." "I promise!" he says as I put it on his neck. He looks in the mirror checking himself out. "Oh yeaaah. I look good!" I just snickered & rolled my eyes. "So when are you coming back?" my second brother asked. "Well when I get there I'll get my schedule for this year. I'll be back on my first break most likely." I answered. "Don't get up there and forget about us!" my oldest brother added. "Now how could I forget about you turds? Gimme some love," I said to all of them while opening my arms for a group hug. "I love y'all, I really do. And I promise I'll be back." "We love you too." they replied. A car horn blows outside. "Well, I guess moma is back with my car. I better get going. Y'all be good!" "We will." they replied. I grab my luggage & walk to the car.

My mom got out & opened the trunk. "Oh my beautiful baby girl," she said while shaking her head & grabbing my bags, "college bound at last. I know you've been waiting for this since you were a little girl walking around singing Scrub by TLC." she chuckles as she closes the trunk still shaking her head in disbelief. "I know mama. This is a dream come true for me!" "For us baby girl" she added. "You're right.. for us" I stated as I hugged her for

the last time for a long time. I felt my eyes watering up. I was going to miss them so much but I knew I'd be back. As I released my mom from my arms we both wiped our faces. She opened the car door for me. I got in, buckled up & started the car. I waved at her & she waved back. Atlanta, here I come.