history class

Hi! my name is Ruby Rose, I'm a huntress in training. I go to school here at Beacon Academy and my weapon of choice is a scythe. To almost everyone in this room, I look like an ordinary student, but in truth, I'm far from it.

I'm the daughter of Summer Rose and Taiyang Xiao Long, two of the most famous hunters and huntresses in the world! the only thing weird about that though is that whilst neither my mother or father are faunus, I am. why? I have no clue. my older sister, yang isn't a faunus either, so I probably just have some ancient faunus blood or something.

Oh! here's another thing about me! I'm the leader of team RWBY!! it consists of Weiss Schnee, Blake belladonna, my sister Yang Xiao Long, and of course, me! see, our headmaster, professor Ozpin, created teams for us determined by how we worked whilst in the emerald forest and trying to retrieve ancient relics.

speaking of school, I'm actually in history class right now, so I guess I should probably pay attention now, huh?

"Alrighty now class, let's get back on topic now!" This is professor Oobleck, my history teacher. Kind of obvious but, ya know. "This next half of class today, we're going to be talking about something rather fitting of this day. Exactly 10 years ago today, were the events ..... of Silent Rose." Everyone went silent. Especially me.

Remember earlier when I said neither of my parents were faunus? It's because, my mother, fell in the events of silent rose.

It's kind of obvious that this is a touchy subject for me, but I fight to contain my flinch as professor Oobleck continues with the lesson.

"Now that I have everyone's attention, would anyone like to tell me the name of the huntress who lead the defense against Grimm invasion? How about... you miss Schnee!"

"the huntress who lead the defenses was none other than the famous Summer Rose." Weiss answered professor Oobleck.

"very good miss Schnee! Now... miss Rose! Would you care to tell the class what exactly happened in the attack?" As I had tried to zone out, I kind of forgot that I was telling the class what happened according to the teachings, not what I had burned into my memory. So this kind of happened.

" Though not completely confirmed in the textbooks, what happened was in either the darkest hours of night or the earliest hours of the day, hundreds of Grimm attacked the peaceful village of silent rose, which was at the time nameless, and began attacking anyone and everyone in sight. The huntress summer was one of the first to begin fighting back, as of the fact that she lived relatively close to where the grim entered the village. Summer immediately went after those of the Grimm that were attacking the weak, elderly and children, her daughter included.

Before the Grimm managed to defeat her, Summer managed to defeat 70 beowolves, 50 ursai, 30 king taijitsu, 15 goliath, 12 nevermore and 90 boarabusk in the 12 hours the attack went on. Sadly she was charged in the back by a rogue Beowulf that she hadn't noticed when fatigue finally caught up to her. That's also where the village got its name. 'Silent Rose' it symbolizes the death of the great Summer Rose. Doomed to eternal sleep and silence for eternity. O-or so they say, because sadly the Grimm returned after the funerals of everyone who died in the previous attack, and struck the remaining members of the village ending the legacy of the peaceful village of the cliff."

"How truly amazing! I myself only knew about half of that but enough to confirm that you are correct! Tell me, where did you learn all of that??" Ummmmmmmmm bell? Can you hear me? Because you should really ring now!!

"I... uhhhh.... ya know..... read.. It.. Somewhere.........."

*RRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG* yes! Safe!

" I'll tell you eventually! See you later professor Oobleck!"