Surviving Miss Perfect

“Park Yunho can you NOT be sent to my office every now and then?” Mr Lee Jaewon, Seoul National University’s principal, yelled as he tried to resist the urge to throw any object at the number one troublemaker, Park Yunho, “And what is this that I heard about you, molesting Seohyun?”

“Gee, calm down,” Yunho said as he gestured his hands to remind Mr Lee to calm down, “and besides, I only wanted to have a girlfriend. Plus, I wasn’t molesting her. I was only holding her hand while asking her out.” Yunho tried to explain that he is really in need of a girl and only describes it as an asset of his. Besides, he already has his honour in class, a perfect family, and a nice school. Now he only needs a girl to hang out with and share his love with.

“Whatever Mr Park, just go back to your dorm room and I’ll see you again tomorrow, whether in my office or just around campus,” Mr Lee said, a little calmed down now, “but please, for heaven’s sake, stay out of trouble.” Yunho saluted Mr Lee and went out of the principal’s office feeling cool and all like nothing happened. Park Yunho was really just an average guy to begin with. His grades were all what you expect from a student in a prestigious university. Well, that all changed a few days ago when he realized that everybody in the school were having their own lovers. He got so jealous that that jealousy of his, turned into despair. He’ll now do anything – and I mean ANYTHING – just to get a girl.

₰₰₰

“So what did Mr I’m-not-dating-secretary yelled to you this time?” Kim Yonghwa, Yunho’s roommate and his best pal, asked him as he was fixing his brownish hair, styling it with some wax.” Oh nothing. Just usual stuff he always says.” Yunho said as he put down his phone and as soon he saw Yonghwa all wearing polo shirts and stuff, his eyes widened, “Are you out on a date again?!” Yunho exclaimed as he remembered that this was the fourth time this week. Yonghwa gave him an assuring nod and went out of the door. “Guess I’ll be on my way then. I apologize but Jessica’s one heck of a girl, if you know what I mean.” Yonghwa gave a playful wink, said goodbye, and shut the door.

Yunho and Yonghwa were childhood friends since they met during Elementary days. They did everything together from studying – well not all the time – to pranking. But due to Yonghwa’s high popularity, he got his girl early and much to Yunho’s dismay, Yonghwa started to pay more attention to Jessica than his best pal. Yunho slumped himself on his bed and tried to sleep and get ready for tomorrow’s day all alone with total woebegoness written all over him.

₰₰₰

Yunho woke up the next morning by the ray of light shone from the window a few feet away. He glanced at the other side of the room only to find that he was all alone during the night he slept. Guess he slept with Jessica Yunho thought. He got up the comfy bed he was lying on and started his everyday routine. He went to the corner of the room where a small refrigerator was located and got himself some eggs and bacons. He fired up the stove; poured some oil, and waited for the oil to heaten up a bit before he started to put the eggs and bacons all together on the pan.

He was only making these for himself, due to the fact that Jessica’s a good cook in which she’ll probably feed Yonghwa while he’s there. He could now smell the scrumptious aroma of the eggs and bacons that made him want to just devour them right away. He turned off the stove and shoved his meal on the plate he was holding with his left hand and walked to the small circular table and started eating hid delightful meal. After he finished his meal, he went to the bathroom adjacent to his roommate’s bed and took a shower. It only took him approximately 10 minutes to shower and 3 more minutes to dress up. He got his stuff and glanced at the wall clock. Still early he thought as he saw that it was only 7:30AM and class doesn’t start until 8:00AM and after that he fled out of the room emotionless