Chapter 6 | Renounce*

When I woke, it was dark. It couldn't have been morning yet, the curtains were sheer and not a single ray of light was coming in from the window. I had left a candle on the other side of the room but blown it out before falling asleep for fear of starting a fire.

Blindly, I reached onto the end table to find my lighter. My hands grasped something large, thin, hard and cold. It felt plastic, or glass. Long and thin. Maybe glasses. After fondling the object thoroughly and deciding it was some pair of glasses that I hadn't noticed before, I continued searching for my lighter.

Then, with fear, I realized there were no heavy arms draped around me. The bed wasn't awfully warm. I shook my head to clear my mind. Maybe I just couldn't see him. Maybe he had snuck away for a moment and I had woken because of the sound of his closing a door or getting off the slightly creaky bed.

I continued to look for my lighter. When I had found it, I padded out of bed. It was freezing cold and every hair on my body stood. I lit the candle quickly and darted back to bed.

Blake was asleep, lying on his back, his breathing heavy and his chest bare. I peeked under the covers carefully. He had slipped his boxers back on. His chest was hard, two square planes with the lightest dusting of hair. It looked like it'd been growing a while, likely because it wasn't a priority in an apocalypse. He had a happy trail too, and another light dusting below that. I probably had more excess hair than he did, and my face reddened at that thought. He had seen all of me now. But he had stayed.

I rejoiced at the idea, resting my head on his hard chest and snuggling up to him. I wrapped my leg around his torso. I jumped slightly when his hand moved right onto my naked thigh, his fingers gentle and slow, stroking my skin. I looked up to see his eyes were open.

"Sorry I woke you," I smiled sheepishly at him. I had imagined he'd be a much heavier sleeper, but maybe he was used to having to spring to action. There must have been a time when he didn't live inside four protective walls.

He didn't answer, just gave me a slight smile, his eyes hooded. It was probably because of the candlelight. At least it wasn't fluorescent.

"What time is it?" I asked. He took his arm off me to reach for his watch, which was beside the pair of glasses. In the light I could see that they were probably Ray Bans. The clubmaster kind, with a thick black frame on top and no frame at all under the lenses. Weird.

"Just about four, love." His voice was low, and I loved the way he sounded when he was sleepy. He extended his muscular arm again to put the watch back.

I turned over on him, trying to get comfortable on my stomach. He was probably disgusted with my fat pressed to him, but it really was nice. I gasped quietly when I slid down slightly and ground against a part of him that I'd just recently become familiar with.

His eyes closed and his jaw tightened, but he stifled his groan. Knowing I was able to please him made me brave, like I had been the night before. In the many, many times we had made love, I had kissed him first several times. It was a small victory but I was still proud. If we hadn't slept together, I wouldn't have the boldness to kiss his cheek.

His hands moved slowly up my thighs before cupping my bottom. Other than by his hands, it'd only been touched by perverted guys at school who went around slapping every girl in sight. I hadn't ever imagined it would feel this good, but everything seemed to with him. Even getting chewed out with how it ended.

His eyes opened when I moaned in response, my own hands moving to his neck. His lips were parted, so full and pink. They begged for kisses, so I closed the distance.

Things quickly became heated. While we kissed, deeply, quickly, passionately, I slowly moved my hips, moaning and relishing in the sound of him groaning back. I rubbed against him, my core feeling the warmest it probably ever has, my lips still melded to his, tasting him and his skilled tongue.