Chapter 1. The Beginning

They can't fix themselves but maybe, just maybe, they could fix each other.

They were both broken. Mentally, physically and emotionally. She had bruises but he had scars. They were different kinds of broken albeit broken all the same. She made broken look beautiful, she seems invincible. But just touch her and she'll wince. She has many secrets and doesn't trust a soul. She's the perfect example of betrayal. Because anyone she's ever trusted broke her. She's so broken that she can feel it. Physically feel it. It resides in the fragments of her bones and she can taste its poisonous dew in her mouth.

But he, he is a different kind of broken. The broken that held a raging storm and never ceased to settle. It  bared its teeth unceasingly and made the unfortunate victims of his presence understand how malevolent he could be. His design was that of lightning. Fatal and compelling. Beautifully destructive.

Darius is the strongest werewolf in the world and he rightfully earned his place as the Alpha King. He kills mercilessly and tortures individuals because he can. Some would mention his name and the word 'sadist 'in the same sentence because he enjoyed watching people suffer. Maybe he was like his Father or maybe he was indeed the 'sadistic' Alpha King. 

The realm of werewolves co-exists alongside humans and yes vampires exist, although they are sworn enemies. They all co-exist peacefully because the humans do not know of the werewolves existence. The vampires have signed a treaty that separates their territory etc. etc.

The world is a cruel place where you must manifest your own happiness. Where you have to take a chance on finding the one person to spend your life with. But what if you get it wrong? What if you pick the wrong person and your soul mate is out there somewhere waiting for you? Well in the werewolf world that can't happen and it never will because the moon goddess ensures that you find the one who is meant to be with you!

It all started hundreds of years ago when the Great Wolf Dynasty of the Ostarious family was overthrown because they were too complaisant and forgiving of the vicious rogues that had other ideas of civilisation. The King family massacred their entire family and thereby claimed the throne. They have successfully ruled vigorously ever since. Making small changes over the years to withhold the most influential and dynamic werewolf family that was ever born. The King Family.

When Darius King was born his fate was already decided. He would be the greatest Alpha King that has lived. Alpha Darius lives in the intimidating  Death Moon pack, he makes the decisions and lives with the consequences. But alas, he hasn't found his mate. He undoubtedly wants and needs his mate for he believes she will lead him from the darkness. However he knows himself of what he is and thinks the Moon Goddess would be too naive to give him a mate. But he hopes. He hopes that someday soon his mate will come crashing into his life and give him the love he so achingly wants.

Each pack has their own Alpha, Beta and Gamma. The Alpha's control the pack in which they reside in and prepare a monthly report which is delivered to The Alpha King. He often travels around to the other packs and makes surprise visits to check on their progression to meet his standards.

Darius lives in a void of emptiness that he tries to fill with tormenting his prisoners because it is the closest thing to happiness he has ever tasted.

He's known for being ruthless, demanding, cunning, terrifyingly cold and cruel. But what people don't understand is that Darius  wants to find his mate, he wants to be loved and love someone else in return. He wants to feel the warmth that radiates from his mates skin as he fucks her senselessly  instead of sub zero degree temperatures of the empty bed sheets beside him at night, to feel refreshed in the morning when he wakes because he slept soundly with his mate wrapped in his arms.  Is he the monster people describe him as? or will he treat his mate as the Queen she will be?

Will his past continue to haunt him? Will his complex mate Marina love him back?

As you know two broken hearts makes a whole.