Chapter 3

As I walked into work, something wasn't right. My place where I was a cashier for the past 5 years, was taken up by a small red headed girl.

As I walked up to her, she instantly knew who I was, and her eyes widened.

"Excuse me, but what do you think youre doing in my place?"

"What does it look like? Working" I could see a small smirk creep up on her face, she was clearly enjoying this.

"But you're in my space!" I yelled.

Suddenly my bitch of manager came over(she always came over to check on the employees with there was something interesting going on) and pulled me away.

"This girl in your space is called Jade, and she has taken your space as a cashier" scowled my manager.

"What?! Why?!" I could feel tears prick my eyes. I know I only worked there for 5 years, but I felt part of a family there.

"Its just a reduncey ok?"

"Oh really?! Well who else is getting redundant then?" I could feel the tears fall down my face, cooling my burning cheeks.

"I'm afraid that's classified information"

"THIS IS A FUCKING SUPERMARKET, NOT THE CIA!" I shouted, drawing unwanted attention to myself.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jade smirking at my anger.

I couldn't take it anymore. I walked up to her and slapped that smirk right off her face. I was no longer working there, so what did it matter?

I stormed out of the supermarket, the tears falling faster.

How was I going to pay my bills? Was I going to be homeless? I won't have a car.

I tried to calm myself down, but nothing worked.

As much as I hated my manager, I loved to work there, everyone was like my family.

The tears started to fall more ferociously, causing me to only see the dark figure standing in front of me.

Jake.