The Promise

(Jerrie)

Narrator's Point Of View:

Perrie was just walking through the empty school hallways. She had stayed late again to work on a song. Well, a cover of. Perrie's performing arts class were assigned to cover a song that not only meant a lot to them but related to the modern day world. Perrie immediately started thinking about a song by Emma Blackery. However, today, as she walked through the hallways, she heard crying from around the corner. She instinctively peeked around the wall while staying hidden. There, she saw a girl, leaning against the lockers.

Jade had had enough. She slammed her back into the lockers, and let the tears consume her as she slowly sank to the floor. Last night her parents were arguing again. Her grades have got worse as they argued more, and sometimes she can hear one of them mentioning her name to bring the other down, not realising that she was at the top of the stairs and could hear everything. No-one was ever as school, so she let the tears run freely. She didn't notice the blonde girl just around the corner. All she could see was the fresh scars on her wrist that she made in the toilets while she waited for the school to be clear of everyone else.

Perrie, she was there watching everything unravel. She had an idea, however. The auditorium was next to this hallway. She would have to take a long way as she would have to pick up her guitar, but it would only take a few minutes, so the chances are the girl wouldn't have moved.

*TIME SKIP*

Perrie, after making sure the capo was on the right fret and making sure the mic was working, began strumming. She closed her eyes, letting herself get lost in the song.

The brunette girl began to hear strumming. She was confused, she thought that everyone had left the school. Soon enough, she heard a voice begin singing.

"Today, you don't want to get out of bed, there are so many thoughts in your head, like you'd be better off dead, better off dead..."

Jade was, well, surprised. She knew where the sound was coming from and headed there. She silently opened the door to the auditorium and went inside, careful to not make any noise. She stood at the end of the last row, watching the most beautiful girl she had ever seen. Her blonde hair was tied up into a ponytail, and she had a minimal amount of makeup on. She stood with her eyes closed, clearly caught up in the words. All she could do was stare at the girl who was doing a cover of The Promise.

After the chorus, Perrie opened her eyes, and they immediately found the form of the girl who was broken inside. Jade was mentally kicking herself for walking in, as she will have looked a mess from the breakdown she was having before she came here. Perrie, on the other hand, gave the girl a small smile, glad her plan had worked. Perrie looked straight at the small figure at the back of the room as she sung the next words.

And I may not even know your name...

*TIMESKIP* (Because I'm lazy)

Perrie played the last chord on the guitar and looked back at the girl in the distance. She was somehow drawn in by the girl, wanted to know more about her, help her. Jade started walking up to the blonde who was frozen in place. Perrie was slightly scared, knowing that the girl was walking towards her. As Jade drew near, a huge smile took over her face. She held her hand in front of her, and Perrie shook her hand.

"Uh, hey, I'm Perrie." The girl with the guitar said. Jade giggled at her seeming shyness.

"Jade. You sing well." The brunette compliments.

"Thanks. I saw you crying earlier, and saw your wrist too..." Perrie said, getting quieter towards the end of the sentence. She saw the girl she now knew as Jade become uncomfortable. "You don't have to explain to me. I just think that you don't realise how much you're worth. You're so beautiful, and you need to believe in yourself, even if no one else is listening."

Jade had tears pricking her eyes. Perrie thought she had done something wrong and was about to say more, but Jade just threw her arms around the slightly taller girl's neck. Perrie stumbled a little, not expecting the hug, but soon regained her composure and hugged the other girl back. "Thank you." Jade mumbled into Perrie's neck. Perrie heard and a massive grin took over her face, glad she could make this girl realise she was worth it.

That, ladies and gentlemen, was the start of an amazing and unbreakable friendship.

----------

NEW BOOK!

I promised myself I wouldn't make another book until I updated my other two more, but I made an exception. This will be for when I have quick ideas and have writer's block on my other stories. I will take requests and ideas, and will give you credit too. It can be about all the girls, just one of them, whatever you want. A relationship, friendship, relative, enemies, if you request it, I'll do it. Until next time!

-FanFicCrazed5501-