Chapter 7

Lowering her eyes, she turns away from him, unable to bear his scrutinizing look.

"Hmm?",

he asks again.

Taking a deep breath, relaxing her throbbing nerves, she replies,

"kya maine aaj tak apki koi baat se inkaar kia hai?"

Her reply doesn't satisfy him, rather irks him.

"To tum yahan bus isliye aati, kyunki main tumhe kehta? Orders follow karti mere?",

his voice reflects how displease he is, hearing her words. But it makes Naina to blush. She relaxes her facial muscles, fully aware that Rajveer is standing behind her and can anytime end up standing in front of her, without any warning, forcing her to look at him.

But to her surprise he doesn't do anything like that. Then she remembers, he is very patient by nature. And it's as if Rajveer has read her mind too well, he says,

"Naina main janta hun ki academy mein main kabhi react nahi karta, well tab tak jab tak ki baat bohot serious na ho jaye. But frankly when it comes to personal stuffs, I am not at all a patient man..."

Personal? That means he won't share of having visited this place with Naina, with anyone? Why? That means they are meant to keep this visit a 'secret'? This thought makes her to shiver. Henceforth, apart from the fact that she is Naveen's sister, she has another secret to keep all by herself, well not exactly by herself, Rajveer and Naina are going to share another secret! But why is this thought of having another common secretmaking her heart to beat faster, at a different pace? After all it's nothing but another secret. Or is this secret precious to her?

"Humein yahan aise nahi aana chahiye tha!",

she says, almost like a whisper, shutting her eyes tightly, not at all ready to face his anger.

But angry is what he is right now. Taking a deep breath, he holds her wrist tightly, making her bangles to shift back, in the process, chiming. Briefly he allows himself to accept that he likes to hear the chiming of her bangles. But no, he won't let this feeling overpower his anger.

"Aap please gussa mat hoyiye!",

she pleads, creasing her brows, suddenly terrified, thinking what he'll do next. Rajveer halts his proceeding steps, but doesn't let go of her hand, as yet.

Turning to look at her, his prior fury relaxed a little, but not completely,

"Naina tumhe kya lagta hai, kya mujhey nahi pata ki humein kab kahan hona chahiye, kahan nahi?",

he asks and wait for an answer, whereas he somehow knew she won't answer out of shyness and nervousness. Lowering her head, out of sheer shyness, she nods it a little, accepting his words without any question.