Chapter 10

Listening to his words, Naina opens her eyes. The duppatta drapped on her head falls down due to the blowing of the wind but Naina holds it before it falls down completely. Quickly placing the duppatta across her neck, Naina gets up, her eyes lowered due to shyness. Turning towards him, her eyes still lowered, she waits for him to guide her what should be done next.

Smiling, he asks,

"manga jo mangna tha?"

Naina nods her head to a 'yes'.

"I hope tum jo chahti ho wo tumko miley",

as he says this, Naina looks up at him. His intense gaze makes her cheeks to turn red.

(Rajveer-Naina fast tune begins in the background)

"Chalein?",

he asks her.

"Itni jaldi?",

she asks, refusing to go.

Her question makes him to smile, and sets his heart to beat fast.

"Kyun academy wapas nahi jana?",

he asks her, his eyes reflecting his happiness on listening to her denial.

Sighing, she says,

"jana to hai, par janey ka mann hi nahi kar raha".

Rajveer keeps staring her, Naina tries to avoid eye contact with him.

"Humein academy janey mein der ho jayegi fir"

"Bus kuch der aur, please",

she requests, nervously.

Getting angry, he scolds her,

"Naina tum kya bachon ki tarah zid kar rahi ho. Kal tumhe classes attend nahi karne kya? Tum itni irresponsible kaise ho sakti ho? I don't think so humein yahan aur rehna chahiye please, chalo ab!",

and he turns to leave.

Naina calls him from behind, asking,

"aap gussa kyun ho rahe hain? Hum agar thodi der yahan reh bhi lenge to fir bhi academy wapas ja sakte hain time par"

"Oh yeah? As if tumhe nahi pata ki hum kitne difficult raaste se yahan pohnchey hain, right?"

"But Sir hum soldiers hain, hum issey difficult raston par chal chukey hain, ye to fir bhi easy hai"!