Part 1 (written by Fantasy343, edited slightly by me)

The ache in my legs was becoming more unbearable with each stride. My lungs screamed out for me to take in deeper breaths of air through my mouth, but I fought back, only allowing small intakes of polluted oxygen to travel into my system. Every muscle in my body trembled as I continued onward, always onward, never to stop. 

"Abby, just stop!" Tracy yelled out to me from the direction I fled so helpless from. Did she understand that I couldn't stop? I would never be able to stay strong enough to remain there. Not after all that has happened. It's just... It's not possible.

I fought back the tears that threatened to break from the edge of my eyes and picked up my pace. The rancidness of the alley flooded my into my throat after letting my lungs win the battle in their demand for more air. The urge to gag at the horrid taste raced through my mind, but quickly faded.

"Abby! Come on!" I could barely hear her screaming out for me to stop leaving and return at this point. Thank you, distance. The next alleyway opened up to my left and I entered it without a second thought. 

My eyes scanned over the bleak walkway ahead of me. Trash cans lay on their sides allowing their contents to scatter over the ground that was coated in an odd deep red syrupy liquid. After further inspection it was clear that liquid was everywhere; it coated parts of the crumbling dark grey brick walls, the ground, and even rested in the shape of footprints along the alley.

The darkness of the night took over the light glow that had been illuminating from the moon up above when a large storm cloud positioned itself between me and my only light source. 

Lovely... Now it's dark, I'm sore all over, about to break into tears, and I have no idea where I'm heading in this creepy city. Why?! Why did this have to happen?! Was it just enjoyable for fate to see me suffer like this? 

"Well, Fate! I hope you are enjoying the hell out of my despair! Yeah, laugh it up!" I screamed out into the empty path as I continued. Guess I finally lost it, screaming at an intangible force in the world as if it actually stood here before me. 

"You realize screaming like that will only draw attention to yourself?" a guy's voice announced. Shocked, I jerked my gaze around in a desperate attempt to find the person lingering in the shadows I had been unaware of. 

I found his gaze locked on mine. I instantly became drawn into the dark blue of his eyes and overwhelmed by the overall look of him. His dark black hair was short cut with a messy style, but managed to look amazing. He had almost perfect features from what I saw resting on his six foot athletic frame.

"Staring is rude, ya know?" he said with a smirk working its way onto his face. I rolled my emerald eyes while crossing my tanned arms over my chest.

"So is creeping on people who are frantically yelling into the night," I replied. His stupid smirk only grew more. 

"Why are you out here alone? Some pretty bad people wonder these alleys," he said as he took a few steps away from the wall he stood near. The moon began to flood its dull glow over the world yet again, allowing me to get more details of this man. 

His clothing suggested he wasn't close to poor, but that he didn't mind getting dirty seeing as the white shirt under his blue and white plaid button down that was undone was covered in smudges as was his faded blue jeans. His face also held a few mud spots littered across it. 

"I'm fully capable of handling myself. Thanks for your concern though," I commented back with a bit of coldness tracing my voice. 

"Sure you are. You didn't even notice me standing here. If it were to have been some other guy he could have easily taken advantage of your ignorance of your surroundings." 

"Well, thank God it was you then, huh?" I replied sarcastically. 

"I'm not someone you want to come across in the dark of night either," he stated with a mischievous grin. A small spike of fear raced into my body and my mind became aware that I could actually be in a horrible situation. My arms uncrossed while I took a hesitant step away. 

"Why's that?" I asked in a shaky tone. I had attempted to keep a steady voice, but apparently I am incapable of such a thing. He let out a small laugh and shook his head slightly.

"Trouble follows me. But if you don't want to end up dead or worse, I'd advise you not run away. You have more chance living through the night with me rather than alone. I'll take you back to where ever you came from."

I felt the need to run, to flee without thought, but I also felt oddly safe at this moment. My legs took another step away which only made my safe feeling fade. He raised his eyebrow in question as to whether I was going to listen to him or not. 

"I don't want to go back there, though," I commented. 

"Fine, I can help you get to a destination of your choice," he stated with the same smirk he's held the entire time. 

"I don't have one," I replied. He appeared slightly confused for a second but wiped his face clean of it. 

"Okay then... You're with me for the night."