Introduction

It feels like it was always that way, me and Charlotte wandering around, trying so hard to make ends meet.  I know it hasn't though.  Thirteen years ago, when we were only six years old, we were sent to live here, in New York City.  The world we used to call home was one of fire, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it.  The green stones Charlotte and I wear around our necks are our only physical link to this dimension, but we can never take them off.  Before we left home, our father killed our mother.  He became mad with power after her death and went on a killing and torturing spree.  They don't have jails where we come from so this was all we could do to preserve our lives.  As an added and unexpected bonus, the stones hid our wings, and no one here has realized yet that we aren't like them.  I guess you probably want a physical description of us by now, too bad if you don't cause I'm giving one.  Being twins, Charlotte and I look somewhat alike.  We both have pale white skin and bright green eyes.  Here's where we differ, my hair is blonde towards the top and purple towards the bottom, while hers is black towards the top and green towards the bottom, and I have black wings, but hers are a pure bright white.  Last week, on our nineteenth birthday, I left her.  Since then I've been on my own.  I'm currently in Phoenix, Arizona.  It's kinda nice here, a bit lonely, but nice.