Chapter 2

The ball read 

Sylvia The Amazing World Juggler (717)-747-4434

 I dialed the number, perhaps out of morbid curiosity.  An answering machine picked up "Green Witch Glass has been closed for business."  I was intrigued.  I got on a computer and looked up Green Witch Glass. 

The street address of the place was 3193 Maple Street.

It seemed like such a normal name, but it seemed odd that there would be so many buildings in such a small sounding area.  Even weirder, there was no city, state, or country listed.  There was a Maple Street nearby that I knew of though, but it was tiny.

I walked through Maple Street paying close attention to numbers, when right between 12 and 13, I saw, where there had once been an alley way, a very thin, brick, building with an even thinner doorway with no doorknob, but a small gold 3193.

At this point I was a little bit freaked out, but I tried to stay calm and knocked on the door.  On impact, the door creaked open to reveal a dark room, much larger than anything that should've fit in the building.  I squeezed myself through the door, for once feeling lucky for my small body.  The door shut behind me.  I waited for my eyes to adjust, and when they did, a crystal ball on a purple pillow appeared in the center of the room.  My curiosity got the best of me and I walked towards the seemingly glowing object.  Before I knew what had happened, I felt my hand run across the cold, smooth surface of the orb.  It lit up a light bluish colour and then a woman walked into view. 

It was Sylvia.