Chapter Two

*3 years ago*

My life had been different ever since Peter passed. I didn't socialize with other people, never hung out with anyone, never went anywhere. Among my antisocial attitude, there was a touch of rudeness and I was pretty blunt when it came to talking to people. I had blocked out any feelings towards anything that I used to have feelings for or that I might have feelings for in the future. I pretty much stayed cooped up in my room, but sometimes if I began to think too much I would walk to the store and wonder around the aisles mindlessly.

And one day, I did just that when I heard my sister arguing with my parents about how they constantly stay on her and judge everything she does but they never bother me whether I am doing something or not. I was sick of always being put in the middle of situations, so I threw on my denim jacket and walked out of the house. 

I shoved my hands in my pockets and let my head hang downward as the cold nipped harshly at my cheeks. It stung at my eyes, causing me to squint down at the sidewalk. It usually took me about ten minutes or so to make it to the store, so I usually listened to music on my way there.

Damn. I forgot my Ipod at the house. 

I was already halfway to the store, but I decided I would turn back towards the house and snatch it anyway. 

As I stepped out to turn around quickly, I felt a bump against my foot and a surprised gasp. I stumbled forward and caught myself, but I couldn't say the same for the blonde headed girl with pink streaks in her hair that was on the sidewalk on her butt. 

I reached down and grabbed her arms, pulling her up. She stared at me in shock. I was expecting a look of annoyance followed by a scoff and a kick in the leg, but that didn't happen. She just continued to stare at me, which made me kind of nervous.

"Sorry," I mumbled, looking away. I was so clumsy, I hated that about me so much. She was silent, but she was still looking at me. I slowly cut my eyes towards her and caught a smile on her face. She reached for my hand and shook it slowly.

"It's fine. I'm Kim, and you are?" she asked, looking me in the eye. I hated when people looked me in the eye, but suddenly I didn't mind it that much. She wasn't ugly, but she definitely stood out with those pink streaks in her hair and a nose ring. She was wearing some sort of band t-shirt that I had never even heard of and ripped up skinny jeans. Her pink converse matched the streaks in her hair perfectly. She had light green eyes, and that was probably the second most thing that stood out besides her hair. 

"Travis," I said, glancing down at her hands. She had small, slightly chubby fingers, her nails painted a glossy black. I slowly pulled my hand away and shoved it back into my pocket to guard it from the bitter cold. "You not cold?"

She smirked and shook her head. "No," she said, shoving her hands in her back jeans pocket. "I like the cold," she stated. I nodded my head and started to walk past her.

"Hey!" she exclaimed.

"What?" I asked in a bored tone. 

"Where are you headed? You look like you could use some company."

"Nah, I'm fine," I stated, starting to turn away from her again. She grabbed me by the elbow and walked along side me. I didn't yank my arm away, I just let her do what she wanted.

"So where are we going?" she asked. I looked up in the direction I was headed, forgetting about my Ipod. I didn't really care anymore. 

"The store," I responded. I shrugged my shoulders, seeing if that would give her a sign to let go of my arm. She didn't let go. She was silent for a little ways before she asked the question.

"You got a girlfriend?" she asked, a hint of nervousness in her voice.

I let out a sarcastic laugh and rolled my eyes. "Nope, not looking either." I felt her arm loosen the grip on my elbow.

"You don't have to look," she said softly. "You just found yourself one."

"You're crazy," I retorted bluntly, "you don't even know me."

She shrugged her shoulders and looked up at me. "Soooo let me get to know you."

And with that, I let it go. I had no one, might as well take any opportunity I could get at some sort of relationship. Who knows, maybe she could be it.