Prologue

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't call my men in here" he said, the lethal note of hostility evident in his tone. There was nowhere for me to run to. I had foolishly entered this place thinking I could talk to him when he didn't want to be found. Curling my cable knit cardigan tighter around me, I felt my eyes tear up. There had to be another way to get past this stone wall he had up.

"I'm pregnant" I whispered.

As soon as the words were out of my mouth I felt the power drain out of my body. Before my legs gave in I was safely in his arms. The amount of concern he felt for my safety was solely expressed through his gorgeous eyes.

"You are such a liar Kia" he whispered against my forehead, tightening his hold on me. All the worries about our future and the goons that broke into my home surfaced. I didn't dare break this silent bond we had. Just being near him made me feel like unravelling.

"Reno I... "

"I can arrange for someone to look after your place. You're coming home with me Kia"

****************************************************************************************************

"Tell me where she is!" Reno Piers yelled at the scumbag who was found by his men in Saskia's apartment. He knew his enemies would be on his tail with the change in fighters but he didn't expect them to touch Kia.

The smug bastard just grinned despite being punched to a pulp.

"I have to say Piers, I didn't peg you for the sweet type. She really is something isn't she?"

"Keep talking and you'll see something bitter sweet"

"Call her again"

"Hello?"

"Kia where are you?"

"Reno? What's wrong? I'm at the supermarket"

"Where are you really Kia? Don't think about lying"

"I'm at the supermarket Reno, looking at pads"

"Pad refills or girl pads?"

"This is uncomfortable" The smug bastard said, grin on his face.

"Jonny is that you? I came home and you were gone. You were supposed to help me with my shopping"

Reno could hear the pout in Kia's voice and he envied Jonny for it.

"Kia look around you is there anyone out of the ordinary?"

"Just me, some other female shoppers and a man with a really bad scar"

Reno couldn't be certain but he knew only one person with an ugly scar running down the right side of his face and he wasn't about to leave Kia in the hands of that monster.

"Sassy, don't make a sound just pick up your basket and walk out of the store. The security guard there is a friend of mine. Tell him Jonny said mocking bird"

"What is going on? I'm getting a bit scared"

Even to Reno's ears he could hear her breathing coming on quicker.

"Sassy!" Reno heard.

"Hey Abby, how is Luca? Is he adjusting to formula?"

Reno longed for Jax to get there already, the thought of Saskia being left all alone in the presence of that monster made him uneasy.

"He's doing really well, you were such a help Sassy. Thank you so much and congratulations on the little one. You are going to be a great mother Saskia"

Reno couldn't get over the last few words that Abby had said. He honestly thought that Kia was just trying to break his balls. Jonny groaned which brought Kia back on the line.

"How is it that you're there Jonny?"
" I was watching TV and they dragged me out and beat me to a pulp" Jonny said glad he wasn't tied down.

"They did what? I'm on my way but uh guys the scary man is looking at me" she said.

"Go to Marco and tell him mocking bird Saskia!" Jonny said practically jumping at the phone.

"Okay.. If I make it out of this then I am so going to have words with you Reno" Kia warned as she wove through the aisles casually. The security guard seemed to find her as if sensing her discomfort.

"Are you okay ma'am?"
"Are you Marco? Jonny said mocking bird" the boys heard her say on the phone.

Marco swore and eyed the exits carefully.

"Saskia, the next few minutes is going to be crucial. Whatever you do don't get scared or give anything away. We are going to get you out of the store away from Panik who is definitely going to be pissed I'm on duty"

Saskia felt her heartbeat rising, feeling woozy. She forgot about the phone she was clutching and followed Marco's instructions. He looked around casually before he radioed comms.

"Going on my fifteen Lou"
"Right, bring me back something Marco"

"Sure"

The pair walked out of the store before Marco stopped and assumed the role of a boyfriend looking affectionately at his girlfriend. He backed her to the far wall and leant in.

"What are you doing?" She said, looking into his eyes.
"Just keep looking at me while I distract that murderer. When I say go, run like hell to your car and don't stop for anyone. Jonny, I really hope your listening. Remember Monte Carlo, well this is payback"

Saskia tried to calm her nerves and when Marco nodded she pushed aside her fear and nodded back. Within a few minutes, Marco struck out and speared the guy with the scar to the floor before they erupted into a fight. Saskia watched as they matched each blow with one of their own.

"Go" Marco yelled out.

Saskia couldn't watch him get beaten up for her so she improvised and searched for something hard to hit the guy with. She noticed Jax coming from behind but something about the way he leered at her made something primal click inside of her despite being scared out of her wits.

"It's Jax" she yelled into her phone.

"Jax is what?"

"He's the traitor"

She heard Marco swear before she threw her phone at Jax who came in to help Panik.