~Chapter 1~

My name is Adelaide Morrison and I've always been a big ball of energy, even for my 5'4 stature, chestnut brown hair and creamy jade eyes. My energy always seemed to get me into trouble. I had so much energy I couldn't control myself. Until one day I was sentenced to help with the DRAMA club after a fight I had with another girl. That was the moment that changed my life, the lights, the costumes and the applause. I wanted to be apart of it all. From that point on I wanted anything and everything to do with acting.

One night on my final high performance a talent scout was there, I had caught his eye and he offered me a full scholarship to the most prestigious acting school in the country. I immediately accepted. I spent 4 years of my life there and I learned everything about the business, I was truly happy. After graduated I packed my bags and headed out to LA my head full of possibilities. I was desperate to live the small Kentucky town I was from and live my dream.

"Addie DARLING" Nicole Adams my very enthusiastic agent screeched into my cellphone. Nicole Adams was 5'10 jet black hair, always wore a suit set and high heels. Her appearance can be intimidating until you get to know her.

"Nicole" I mused back at her with a grimace

"I've sent a messenger to your apartment with the script of the year, Ads it's perfect for you, it'san action film, you've always wanted to do an action film" she cooed

"Yes, I have, you know me I like to be challenged physically, but I'm 5'4 don't they want some glamazon with legs up to her ears" I giggled
"They are looking for an actress who would make an unlikely hero" she added
"Alright,got ya there, what should I wear" I asked

"Those boots you're always wearing,just think action movie" she instructed.

"Ok, what time do I need to be there?" I heard a knock on the door

"6 am" she informed me

My jaw hit the floor with a thud
"Why so early?" I whined

"Early bird, I'll bring coffee" she ended the phone call.

"Just perfect" I said to no one as I heard a knock on the door.

My apartment definitely had the lived in look. Most of the furniture I found dumpster diving or thrift shopping, it had a bohemian feel to it. As you walked through my front door you were greeted with the kitchen with a love seat and tv as the "living room, the bedroom directly in front, I was glad it had doors, as well as the bathroom, which was in the kitchen. I had a hot plate, along side it was an assortment of flavored ramen along with chopsticks, and finally a small round table with a folded lawn chair and one wooden chair in the corner.

I poured myself a cup of tea and curled up in my favorite second hand chair and began reading the script. The film was called "The Streets" it was about a two rookie cops who uncover a mole in the police force who is helping smuggle weapons from out of the country. It sounded like your standard block buster. But for some reason I was drawn in I couldn't put it down. I'd be auditioning for the role of Rose "Red"Lawson, she sounds like an interesting character. She has a love interest but not your typical romance, his name Matt "Judge"Connors. From the description of the character he's over 6 and apparently chiseled from rock. He had already been cast, but there was no name mentioned, just the initials JC wrote next to the name.

I finally managed to tear myself away from the script I glanced at the clock it was 3 o'clock in the morning, I groaned and decided to give up the ghost and just prepare my audition. The scene that I had to read was a torture scene anyway.I looked in my mirror and saw a little tiredness in my eyes, I worked with it and rummaged through my closet trying to find an outfit. I chose dark blue skinny jeans my dark brown knee high boots,a dark grey tank top, with a black leather jacket, I decided to leave my long curly hair natural. I skipped makeup took one last look at myself before heading out what I hoped would be the audition to change my life.