Clarity

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or its characters. They belong to J.K. Rowling.

Summary:

Luna wakes up one morning to find strange ropes coming out of her chest. She is overwhelmed with the knowledge that she is fictional and keeps seeing ropes connecting everyone- ships. Armed with fanfiction and her Ravenclaw intelligence, Luna turns Hogwarts upside down- because what happens when fanfiction becomes canon?

A little Deamus for you in this upcoming chapter- what can I say. Luna also starts to put together some of the pieces (it might be a little rushed, but whatever. I'm dying to get to the autocracy part of the title).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Luna ended up back in her dorm, appearing suddenly in her bed once again. The golden orb sank into her chest, and Luna felt a warmth pulse through her body. The ropes seemed to fade away as well, though if she really concentrated she could see them.

Luna made her way to the washroom, nightgown swishing in the winter draft that was already starting to race around the castle. She turned the taps to their hottest and soaked a cloth with water. She wrung it out and pressed it to her face, scrubbing and steaming away the night's grime. When the others saw her do this, they looked at her and scoffed, rolling their eyes at Loony's strange beauty practices. It was true that Luna didn't care to keep up with such drivel as Witch Weekly- she found the gossip about up-and-coming stars and borderline dangerous grooming spells to be tiresome. Luna prefered how she looked to be how she truly was. She didn't want to be an illusion easily shattered with a Finite Incantatem.

As Luna went about her morning routine, she couldn't help but ponder the experience she had in the boy's dormitory. Her mind flashed with all the 'fanfiction' that had been filtered through it, and even though some of it made a flush spread all the way up her neck to her hairline, she acknowledged that some of it wasn't too repulsive and even seemed like it could be true.

Luna felt as if Dean and Seamus would end up jumping each other any day now- any fool could see the signs. Seamus went through partners at an obscene rate, never spending more than a night with most. He flung himself from person to person like he was running from something.

And Dean always had a barely-there scowl, a hardened and angry glint in his eyes, whenever he saw Seamus flirt with someone, charm them, kiss them. Any fool could put the two together.

Luna squeezed some toothpaste onto her toothbrush. Fred and George Weasley had recently released a limited-edition Crackle Whiz flavor. Luna liked the little sparks that hopped around in her mouth. They reminded her of the Muggle sweet Pop Rox.

She went about her morning routine, humming occasionally to herself, putting on her radish earrings and brushing out her now more pronouncedly golden hair, oblivious to the actions of the golden force and 2 Gryffindors just waking up.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

An unseen golden rope wound itself tighter in one of the Gryffindor boys' dormitories, causing 2 boys to wake up with a start.

Seamus groaned a little, the noise slipping out of his throat involuntarily. His head pounded lightly with the remnants of a hangover, and he fingered the hickeys that adorned his neck, glancing over at his friend Dean before whipping his head back up to the ceiling. Every morning after, he did this, and he pretended not to know why. The students of Hogwarts didn't leave him lacking for satisfaction, but there was always a tug towards his best friend. Seamus tried to suppress it. There was no way the feeling was mutual, and he would hate to complicate their close bond and make things awkward. So he turned to others, and harried exchanges in broom closets, to numb the pain of his self-quarantine.